Mike Pio

Default Jet Table Saw -- Need Info

Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise him
with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I do know
some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30" fence and one
cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is not open like a
contractor saw.

Is this the Jet JWCS-10A found he
http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/pr...orking&ID=793?
If so, is there a rolling stand available for this tool? Where can I buy
it?

TIA

-Mike

Duane Bozarth

Mike Pio wrote:

Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise him
with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I do know
some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30" fence and one
cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is not open like a
contractor saw.

Is this the Jet JWCS-10A found he
http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/pr...orking&ID=793?
If so, is there a rolling stand available for this tool? Where can I buy
it?

How much you willing to spend? HTC has matchup of bases for virtually
any machine...they're probably the "Cadillac" of the genre...

Almost any of the mail order places have them or I suspect you can order
direct...
Leon

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise him
with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I do know
some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30" fence and
one cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is not open like a
contractor saw.

You really should get the model number and determine if the saw is a left
tilt or right tilt. On cabinet saws the left tilt and right stands are
different mostly with the orientation of the wheels. If you put a right
tilt mobile stand on a left tilt saw the saw can tip when the blade it set
to cut a bevel. You really need to be right on this purchase.

Mike Pio

"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise
him with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I do
know some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30" fence
and one cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is not open
like a contractor saw.

You really should get the model number and determine if the saw is a left
tilt or right tilt. On cabinet saws the left tilt and right stands are
different mostly with the orientation of the wheels. If you put a right
tilt mobile stand on a left tilt saw the saw can tip when the blade it set
to cut a bevel. You really need to be right on this purchase.

The access to the motor is on the left side of the cabinet, so I suppose
that makes it a left tilt. Does that help any?

-m

Leon

"Mike Pio" wrote in message

The access to the motor is on the left side of the cabinet, so I suppose
that makes it a left tilt. Does that help any?

Yes that sounds like a left tilt. Tell the dealer and see if that is enough
info.

Jim

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
> [...]
"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe, maybe not. Which way does the blade move when you adjust the tilt
angle?
Jim

-m

Mike Pio

"Jim" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
> [...]
"Leon" wrote in message
. ..

"Mike Pio" wrote in message
[...]

Unfortunately I don't have the saw nearby. I'd like this gift to be a
surprise, but if there is this much in question, perhaps I have to let the
cat out of the bag. I found this one on Amazon. Think this will work?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...600611-3284762

Unquestionably Confused

Mike Pio wrote:
Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise him
with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I do know
some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30" fence and one
cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is not open like a
contractor saw.

Is this the Jet JWCS-10A found he
http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/pr...orking&ID=793?
If so, is there a rolling stand available for this tool? Where can I buy
it?

Mike, JET makes a mobile tool base for around $60 (IIRC) that is all
steel and adjusts to fit most any of their tools and ALL of their saws
(at least those without an aux. outfeed table.)

I bought one for my Jet Cabinet Saw and assembly was a breeze. Getting
the saw base ONTO the stand was another matterg

I truly don't recall the model number of mine but here's a link to Jet's
mobile bases, all of them.

Find the one you need and then do a Google search with Jet and the part
number to find a good price. I suspect you'll find it at Amazon.com
with free shipping but YMMV.

Mike Pio

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
.. .
Mike Pio wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info, UC, but can you repost with that link you mention?

Unquestionably Confused

Mike Pio wrote:
[...]

No, really, here's the link. I remembered it THIS time.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cf...s&vid=1&CID=84

Unquestionably Confused

Mike Pio wrote:

Thanks for the info, UC, but can you repost with that link you mention?

You got it! Also, if the motor extends out the left SIDE of the
cabinet, it's a right tilt. If it's on the right side, it'a a left tilt.

Patrick Conroy

"Mike Pio" wrote in

Hello,

I have a good friend who has a Jet table saw, and I'd like to surprise
him with a rolling stand for it. I don't know the model number, but I
do know some of the specs. It's a 1 3/4 HP saw wired for 110 V, a 30"
fence and one cast iron wing. It has a steel closed cabinet and is
not open like a contractor saw.

Find the model he http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cfm?
area=shop&action=vendors&vid=1&CID=793

My Jet is the Supersaw hybrid. 1 3/4HP, 110V, closed cabinet but up on
legs, Not a closed cabinet all the way to the floor.

Rolling Stand as in outfeed rollers or rolling base?
If a rolling base - the easiest way to get on that fits is to grab Jet's
HD mobile base..