stoutman

Default Thomas-the-Train-Router-Bits?

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

Robatoy

In article ,
"stoutman" wrote:

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

YES! I have seen them for sale on the internet. Go look there!
arw01

stoutman wrote:
Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

http://www.eagle-america.com/html/ca...rain&x=17&y=20

stoutman

I think I am being a lot more specific than "plans for a tea cart".

Don't you?

Woodcraft use to sell the bits, but not anymore.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"stoutman" wrote:

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

YES! I have seen them for sale on the internet. Go look there!

Gary Milliorn

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
I think I am being a lot more specific than "plans for a tea cart".

Don't you?

Woodcraft use to sell the bits, but not anymore.

MLCS sells them:
http://mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...ck_bits_anchor

I've made straight track without any special bits:
1. Cut the track grooves using a dado.
2. Chamfer the edges of the grooves using a V-groove bit. Also the outside
edges
should be chamfered to avoid splinters.
3. The female connection is just a hole with the ends cut out, and bevelled.
4. I free-hand cut the male connection; it is supposed to be a little loose,
after all, kids
will be pretty rough with it.

I can't see how to make curved track without something like the
single-groove
bit they mention, though.

Regards,
Gary

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"stoutman" wrote:

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

YES! I have seen them for sale on the internet. Go look there!

Keith

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

Here's a page I found awile back
http://www.bscandm.com/trains/