H. Loucks

Default Router Bits for milling T&G into 1 1/2" stock?

I have a big pile of pine 2x10s that I want to rip into 2x4 & 2x6,
then mill T&G into the sides of the 2x6s for floor decking in a
timberframe. Trouble is, I can't find router bits for my Delta shaper
that will work with 1 1/2" thick stock. I've checked the usual
suspects -- Freud, LHR, etc with no luck. I'm beginning to think I
just need to build up bits out of separate pieces for the shaper. Any
wisdom out there on best way to add T&G to 2x6s?

Thanks,
Harvey
Edwin Pawlowski

"H. Loucks" wrote in message
m...
I have a big pile of pine 2x10s that I want to rip into 2x4 & 2x6,
then mill T&G into the sides of the 2x6s for floor decking in a
timberframe. Trouble is, I can't find router bits for my Delta shaper
that will work with 1 1/2" thick stock. I've checked the usual
suspects -- Freud, LHR, etc with no luck. I'm beginning to think I
just need to build up bits out of separate pieces for the shaper. Any
wisdom out there on best way to add T&G to 2x6s?

Thanks,
Harvey

If they don't have it, they will make it. I don't think all their stuff is
on the web page so you may want to contact them directly.

http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/html/custom.htm
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/html/custom.htm

Nova

"H. Loucks" wrote:

I have a big pile of pine 2x10s that I want to rip into 2x4 & 2x6,
then mill T&G into the sides of the 2x6s for floor decking in a
timberframe. Trouble is, I can't find router bits for my Delta shaper
that will work with 1 1/2" thick stock. I've checked the usual
suspects -- Freud, LHR, etc with no luck. I'm beginning to think I
just need to build up bits out of separate pieces for the shaper. Any
wisdom out there on best way to add T&G to 2x6s?

Thanks,
Harvey

Use a straight bit with a single pass with the stock vertical for the
groove and use two passes, one on each side, with the stock horizontal for
the tongue.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA