DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thomas-the-Train-Router-Bits? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/107830-thomas-train-router-bits.html)

stoutman May 30th 05 11:46 PM

Thomas-the-Train-Router-Bits?

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

Robatoy May 31st 05 12:22 AM

In article ,
"stoutman" wrote:

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

YES! I have seen them for sale on the internet. Go look there!

arw01 May 31st 05 12:24 AM

http://www.eagle-america.com/html/ca...rain&x=17&y=20

stoutman May 31st 05 12:42 AM

I think I am being a lot more specific than "plans for a tea cart".

Don't you?

Woodcraft use to sell the bits, but not anymore.

Gary Milliorn May 31st 05 02:31 AM

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
I think I am being a lot more specific than "plans for a tea cart".

Don't you?

Woodcraft use to sell the bits, but not anymore.

MLCS sells them:
http://mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...ck_bits_anchor

I've made straight track without any special bits:
1. Cut the track grooves using a dado.
2. Chamfer the edges of the grooves using a V-groove bit. Also the outside
edges
should be chamfered to avoid splinters.
3. The female connection is just a hole with the ends cut out, and bevelled.
4. I free-hand cut the male connection; it is supposed to be a little loose,
after all, kids
will be pretty rough with it.

I can't see how to make curved track without something like the
single-groove
bit they mention, though.

Regards,
Gary

Keith May 31st 05 03:30 AM

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

Here's a page I found awile back
http://www.bscandm.com/trains/