Gary Milliorn

"stoutman" wrote in message
m...
I think I am being a lot more specific than "plans for a tea cart".

Don't you?

Woodcraft use to sell the bits, but not anymore.

MLCS sells them:
http://mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...ck_bits_anchor

I've made straight track without any special bits:
1. Cut the track grooves using a dado.
2. Chamfer the edges of the grooves using a V-groove bit. Also the outside
edges
should be chamfered to avoid splinters.
3. The female connection is just a hole with the ends cut out, and bevelled.
4. I free-hand cut the male connection; it is supposed to be a little loose,
after all, kids
will be pretty rough with it.

I can't see how to make curved track without something like the
single-groove
bit they mention, though.

Regards,
Gary

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"stoutman" wrote:

Has anyone bought any router bits for making Thomas the Train railroad
tracks?

Where did you buy them? Where the tracks produced a good match to store
bought tracks?

Thanks

YES! I have seen them for sale on the internet. Go look there!