Rich

Default MLCS router bits

Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I
just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this
set. Are you happy with it.

Bob Bowles

If you're not buying all sets storage and identification of individual
bits gets ahead of you in a hurry, DAMHIKT. Start pondering
resolution as they seem to multiply faster than rabbits.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:58:29 -0500, "Rich" wrote:

I just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.

V.E. Dorn

I have some MLCS bits and have had generally good luck with them. They are
not quite as good as the Jesada or CMT bits I own but are good enough that
they're a good comprimise between quality and price, I'll buy more.

Don

Rich wrote in message
Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank.

just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used

this
set. Are you happy with it.

Nova

Rich wrote:

Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I
just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this
set. Are you happy with it.

Hi Rich,

The quality of MLCS router bit sets have been discussed many times in the past.
See:

http://www.google.com/groups?q=MLCS+...aol.com&rnum=2

The previous discussions includes comments from a MLCS representative.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Jim Weisgram

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:33:23 GMT, Nova wrote:

Rich wrote:

Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I
just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this
set. Are you happy with it.

Hi Rich,

The quality of MLCS router bit sets have been discussed many times in the past.
See:

http://www.google.com/groups?q=MLCS+...aol.com&rnum=2

The previous discussions includes comments from a MLCS representative.

FYI, I purchased the smallest set, the price being what it is, despite
all the advice on the wreck to not purchase sets.

The bits are all perfectly functional. My understanding of MLCS bits
is that they aren't going to wear as long as the highest end bits (and
that is not including their Katana line).

The down side was that typically, for template and straight bit
purposes, my general desired length of carbide would be 3/4", say,
1". The MLCS in my set are usually 3/4". So I ended up purchasing new
bits for this type use anyway.

Chris Merrill

Rich wrote:
Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I
just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this
set. Are you happy with it.

I have the set you mention - got it in January. Quite happy with it, so far.
I've used maybe a dozen bits from the set. They have all performed just fine.
Given the 3$ per bit pricing...I'm quite pleased. It should keep me busy
for quite a while :

I'm told they are not the same quality as other makers...but I cannot tell
the difference between them and the Freud and CMT bits I own. When I've used
a bit often enough to wear it out, maybe I'll buy a high-end bit. maybe.

--
************************************
Chris Merrill

(remove the ZZZ to contact me)
************************************

Denver Woody

"Rich" wrote in message
Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank.

just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used

this
set. Are you happy with it.

I got the "Milennium Set" (66 piece set you mention) on sale from MLCS for
$119.95. At that price per bit I couldn't pass it up, as I had no other
router bits at the time. It is a great starter set. I usually woodwork on
the weekends and only bring out the router on occasion, so this set is fine
with me. Those that use the router more often might prefer something
differnet (more $), for greater wear, better performance, etc. This is all
stuff I wouldn't be able to tell in my limited usage. So for my usage of
the bits...yes, this is a great set.

DW

DK

I've been VERY happy with MLCS. Don't overlook the fact that shipping
costs are non-existant, and if I place an order today, I usually see
the bit in the mailbox two days from now. I only had one instance that
the shipping was slow, but usually, they're lighning fast!

The bits have been just as high a quality as any I've purchased at the
home stores. If the job can wait 2 days, I'll opt for the less
expensive MLCS bit every time.

DK

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:58:29 -0500, "Rich" wrote:

Does anyone use MLCS bits? I have used frued and rockler bits in1/4 shank. I
just bought a dewalt dw621 and want to start getting some 1/2 shank bits.I
have checked pricing per bit from frued,rockler,mlcs.cmt and a few others.
They all seem to be close. MLCS has a set of 66 bits for 189.95. I started
pricing this set indivdually and its at about 1000.00. Has anyone used this
set. Are you happy with it.

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." ---George Carlin

Sharpening Router Bits Martin UK diy 2 February 14th 04 07:36 AM
Router Bits From MLCS RJD74 Woodworking 4 September 8th 03 06:52 AM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 11:05 PM
Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router Leon Woodworking 1 July 24th 03 04:57 PM