Leon

Default Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router

Make sure that you are not bottoming out the bits.

"Wilser Ramirez" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

It's the first time I'm using 1/2" shank bits on my 5615 router. I
built a router table and all 1/4" shank bits work fine and 1/2" shank
1" diameter planner bit works great, but when I use 2 1/2" long 1/2"
shank 1/2" diameter bits (I've tried both, as someone suggested the
first one could be un balanced, freud and amana) the router sounds
real loud and I can see the motor sparking. Also I'm using these bits
with a jointer fence jig and the cuts come out with ripples all along
it's length!

Someone suggested that it could be the 1/2" collet, but the planner
bit works great on it!

Any suggestions?

Leon

"Routerman P. Warner" wrote in message
om...
These small motors often resonate with long and or large diameter
cutters.
It is not uncommon. I have seen it in all small routers, the DW 621
being the most tolerant. If ever you fire the switch and the router
starts vibrating:
Kill it or slow it down imediately.
Http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)

As usual excellent advice but I think you may have misread as I did the
first time the size of the bits that are giving the problems. The 1/2"
shank bit is 2.5" long, that is really not too long and it only cuts a 1/2"
wide.

Sharpening Router Bits Martin UK diy 2 February 14th 04 06:36 AM
Question about using a router PoP UK diy 6 January 5th 04 01:20 PM
For Sale: Carbide End Mills and Router Bits Tom Metalworking 0 January 2nd 04 04:50 AM
Fitting router to 10" table saw? Peter Ashby UK diy 13 August 16th 03 07:45 AM
Is milwaukee router insrt plate mounting hole pattern same as porter cable pattern Rich Woodworking 1 July 22nd 03 04:22 AM