Martin

Default Sharpening Router Bits

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem to
keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

Andy Hall

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:42:12 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem to
keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

There is a good guide on this at

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/libr...Guides/ccc.pdf

plus a few others in their guides series.

You can buy things like diamond sharpening stones from them as well.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Martin

wrote:

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits

which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem

keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

There is a good guide on this at

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/libr...Guides/ccc.pdf

plus a few others in their guides series.

You can buy things like diamond sharpening stones from them as well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Thanks Andy, that covers it.

Electric Screwdriver Bits Roger UK diy 5 January 30th 04 11:19 AM
Question about using a router PoP UK diy 6 January 5th 04 01:20 PM
Buying a Router [email protected] UK diy 34 December 18th 03 04:00 PM
S2S drill bits or S2S to SDS converter Charlie UK diy 2 July 11th 03 01:45 AM