DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharpening Router Bits (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6091-sharpening-router-bits.html)

Martin February 13th 04 06:42 PM

Sharpening Router Bits

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem to
keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

Andy Hall February 13th 04 08:06 PM

Sharpening Router Bits

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:42:12 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem to
keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

There is a good guide on this at

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/libr...Guides/ccc.pdf

plus a few others in their guides series.

You can buy things like diamond sharpening stones from them as well.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Martin February 14th 04 06:36 AM

Sharpening Router Bits

wrote:

Hi All,
I have a set of cheap crapy B&Q (spits over left shoulder) router bits

which
I use for rough work (the good bits I save for the final cut); they seem

keep an edge for (roughly) the first 3.2 seconds of use (well, maybe a
little longer). Can anyone offer advice on sharpening these bits? When I
bought them I considered them to be disposable, so any extension of life
will be a bonus.

TIA.

There is a good guide on this at

http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/libr...Guides/ccc.pdf

plus a few others in their guides series.

You can buy things like diamond sharpening stones from them as well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Thanks Andy, that covers it.