Roger

Default Electric Screwdriver Bits

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendation for decent bits for an electric
screwdriver. I have just bought a Bosch 24v drill/driver and wanted some
decent screwdriver bits. Saw a set if Piranha that looked good, but wanted
to use the collective wisdom of this forum!

Thanks

Roger

Lurch

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:37:44 -0000, "Roger" wrote:

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendation for decent bits for an electric
screwdriver. I have just bought a Bosch 24v drill/driver and wanted some
decent screwdriver bits. Saw a set if Piranha that looked good, but wanted
to use the collective wisdom of this forum!

WIHA diamond bits. I've never had a problem with them.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
John Rumm

Roger wrote:

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendation for decent bits for an electric
screwdriver. I have just bought a Bosch 24v drill/driver and wanted some
decent screwdriver bits. Saw a set if Piranha that looked good, but wanted
to use the collective wisdom of this forum!

I have some of the diamond impregnated ones. The seem to last longer and
work better than many.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...=13&cId=100403

--
Cheers,

John.

stuart noble

John Rumm wrote in message ...
I have some of the diamond impregnated ones. The seem to last longer and
work better than many.

I only ever use the no.2 pozidrive and buying the cheap bits in bulk has
been the best solution for me.

The Natural Philosopher

Roger wrote:

Hi,

does anyone have any recommendation for decent bits for an electric
screwdriver. I have just bought a Bosch 24v drill/driver and wanted some
decent screwdriver bits. Saw a set if Piranha that looked good, but wanted
to use the collective wisdom of this forum!

IOMHO there re no GOODbits. There arre soft ones that burr and bend and
hard ones that shatter. I have piles of em.

The carpenters showed me a box of screws they had gpot from screwfix *I
think) inside was a bit for use with teh csrews. It lasted nearly as
long as the box of screws. Seems that is teh ay to go. Get a cheap bit
every time you stock up with screws, and leave it in the screw box.
Throw it away when the screws are finished.

Thanks

Roger

stuart noble wrote:

John Rumm wrote in message ...
I have some of the diamond impregnated ones. The seem to last longer and
work better than many.

I only ever use the no.2 pozidrive and buying the cheap bits in bulk has
been the best solution for me.

Yes, I decided that too. having tried expensive ones and more
expensive diamond impreganted ones I decided the more expensive ones
didn't last longer enough to be worth it. I did find that cheap
Axminster ones were better than cheap Screwfix ones though.

--
Chris Green