DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18741-re-vibration-1-2%22-bits-milwake-5615-router.html)

Leon July 23rd 03 08:58 PM

Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router

Make sure that you are not bottoming out the bits.

"Wilser Ramirez" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

It's the first time I'm using 1/2" shank bits on my 5615 router. I
built a router table and all 1/4" shank bits work fine and 1/2" shank
1" diameter planner bit works great, but when I use 2 1/2" long 1/2"
shank 1/2" diameter bits (I've tried both, as someone suggested the
first one could be un balanced, freud and amana) the router sounds
real loud and I can see the motor sparking. Also I'm using these bits
with a jointer fence jig and the cuts come out with ripples all along
it's length!

Someone suggested that it could be the 1/2" collet, but the planner
bit works great on it!

Any suggestions?

Leon July 24th 03 03:57 PM

Vibration on 1/2" bits on Milwake 5615 router

"Routerman P. Warner" wrote in message
om...
These small motors often resonate with long and or large diameter
cutters.
It is not uncommon. I have seen it in all small routers, the DW 621
being the most tolerant. If ever you fire the switch and the router
starts vibrating:
Kill it or slow it down imediately.
Http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)

As usual excellent advice but I think you may have misread as I did the
first time the size of the bits that are giving the problems. The 1/2"
shank bit is 2.5" long, that is really not too long and it only cuts a 1/2"
wide.