Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default gifts gone - 1 attachment

Some years I'm lucky to even uncover my table saw. this year, I got a
bunch done. Mostly gifts for the kids' teachers, therapists, etc.

You are looking at screwdrivers (finished 6 for the year) and trinket boxes
(did a bunch, more then pictured here even). Clip boards, tree ornaments,
Harry Potter wands, pencil boxes, a couple boxes for 3 x 5 index cards.
You can't see 2 bat houses, 4 or 5 (6?) bird houses, a bird feeder, and,
ummmmmm you can't see the 2 screwdrivers that cracked after I pushed the
ferules in. Firewood, I'm afraid.

Now I need to go clean shop. Still looking to finish a CD rack before
long.

hope the file is not too big for you dial up folk.

-Dan V.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC174250a.jpg (205.3 KB, 34 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dan Valleskey wrote:

Some years I'm lucky to even uncover my table saw. this year, I got a
bunch done. Mostly gifts for the kids' teachers, therapists, etc.

You are looking at screwdrivers (finished 6 for the year) and trinket
boxes
(did a bunch, more then pictured here even). Clip boards, tree ornaments,
Harry Potter wands, pencil boxes, a couple boxes for 3 x 5 index cards.
You can't see 2 bat houses, 4 or 5 (6?) bird houses, a bird feeder, and,
ummmmmm you can't see the 2 screwdrivers that cracked after I pushed the
ferules in. Firewood, I'm afraid.

Now I need to go clean shop. Still looking to finish a CD rack before
long.

hope the file is not too big for you dial up folk.

-Dan V.

Looks like you were busy. I like the screwdrivers, that's a neat idea.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice Dan.. Especially like the large box on top of picture. Grain
orientation in front and lid handle is great match for mahogany lid.. Nice
green piece of poplar in cutting board.. and screwdrivers are cool.. Those
Irwin quick release clamps are handy, aren't they... I have a few and use
them all the time for a quick, easy, clamp up..

"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
36...
Some years I'm lucky to even uncover my table saw. this year, I got a
bunch done. Mostly gifts for the kids' teachers, therapists, etc.

You are looking at screwdrivers (finished 6 for the year) and trinket
boxes
(did a bunch, more then pictured here even). Clip boards, tree ornaments,
Harry Potter wands, pencil boxes, a couple boxes for 3 x 5 index cards.
You can't see 2 bat houses, 4 or 5 (6?) bird houses, a bird feeder, and,
ummmmmm you can't see the 2 screwdrivers that cracked after I pushed the
ferules in. Firewood, I'm afraid.

Now I need to go clean shop. Still looking to finish a CD rack before
long.

hope the file is not too big for you dial up folk.

-Dan V.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Pretty cool stuff I like the clipboards and screwdrivers.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
36...
Some years I'm lucky to even uncover my table saw. this year, I got a
bunch done. Mostly gifts for the kids' teachers, therapists, etc.

You are looking at screwdrivers (finished 6 for the year) and trinket
boxes
(did a bunch, more then pictured here even). Clip boards, tree ornaments,
Harry Potter wands, pencil boxes, a couple boxes for 3 x 5 index cards.
You can't see 2 bat houses, 4 or 5 (6?) bird houses, a bird feeder, and,
ummmmmm you can't see the 2 screwdrivers that cracked after I pushed the
ferules in. Firewood, I'm afraid.

Now I need to go clean shop. Still looking to finish a CD rack before
long.

hope the file is not too big for you dial up folk.

-Dan V.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That large box, the grain is pretty close to matched up all the way around,
all four corners! I resawed one board to make that.

The screwdriver idea I got from Rockler, they sell a kit, but far cheaper
to buy the screwdrivers at Harbor Freight and cut away the plastic handle.
Just use their parts, and add a short hunk of 3/4 copper plumbing pipe for
a ring.

The green poplar is over 200 years old. Good spotting it! I got that, and
a lot of small stuff, from my friends at American Sycamore Woodworkers
Retreat in Cloverdale Indiana (small ad there, I guess, sorry. But they
were the ones that gave me that gorgeous curly oak you see on one pencil
box.)

Thanks all, for the nice comments.

and- Happy New Year!

-Dan

"Jim Hall" wrote in
:

Nice Dan.. Especially like the large box on top of picture. Grain
orientation in front and lid handle is great match for mahogany lid..
Nice green piece of poplar in cutting board.. and screwdrivers are
cool.. Those Irwin quick release clamps are handy, aren't they... I

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

help!
having trouble with groups... AGAIN!
Trying to reply in hopes someone will see this and give me a hand.

Kate

"Dan Valleskey" wrote in message
36...
Some years I'm lucky to even uncover my table saw. this year, I got a
bunch done. Mostly gifts for the kids' teachers, therapists, etc.

You are looking at screwdrivers (finished 6 for the year) and trinket boxes
(did a bunch, more then pictured here even). Clip boards, tree ornaments,
Harry Potter wands, pencil boxes, a couple boxes for 3 x 5 index cards.
You can't see 2 bat houses, 4 or 5 (6?) bird houses, a bird feeder, and,
ummmmmm you can't see the 2 screwdrivers that cracked after I pushed the
ferules in. Firewood, I'm afraid.

Now I need to go clean shop. Still looking to finish a CD rack before
long.

hope the file is not too big for you dial up folk.

-Dan V.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Kate" wrote in news:BeCgj.36215
:

help!
having trouble with groups... AGAIN!
Trying to reply in hopes someone will see this and give me a hand.

Kate

I can see this, Kate, but if you don't say what the problem is, we can't
help. You're using a bad program (OE 6) and you're posting from bellsouth.

Can you go through the trauma and try another usenet client? I ave gotten
so used to Xnews (free) that I won't use anything else anymore.

Also, you good try a newsserver that you would need to pay for. Some like
Giganews have free trials. But I'd try the clent first before
investigating that.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Some info on what the problem is would be helpful. Without it you can't
begin to diagnose if the problem is the Usenet provider, ISP, software or
what. Since you were using Outlook Express successfully in the past and
this one posted, the problem may very well lie elsewhere. Where I have had
problems with newsgroups, the problem never came out to be a problem with
the software -- actually 99% of the time it was my Usenet provider or ISP
and the rest of the time it was me hitting wrong buttons. I've used other
readers (Thunderbird and Agent) and can't say Thunderbird was any better or
worse than OE as far as using. I didn't like Agent but wouldn't put it down
either.

Anyway, the devil is in the details. Got any? Not that I can likely help.

christmas gifts midomssh Home Repair 0 December 8th 07 08:42 PM
Gag Turning Gifts? George Woodworking Plans and Photos 8 October 4th 07 10:22 PM
gag gifts? TWW Woodturning 7 September 28th 07 02:59 PM
what gifts are you making? mel Woodworking 21 October 19th 04 01:54 AM
Logan taper attachment attachment John Hall Metalworking 6 November 2nd 03 06:42 PM