Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dan Valleskey Dan Valleskey is offline

Default gifts gone - 1 attachment

That large box, the grain is pretty close to matched up all the way around,
all four corners! I resawed one board to make that.

The screwdriver idea I got from Rockler, they sell a kit, but far cheaper
to buy the screwdrivers at Harbor Freight and cut away the plastic handle.
Just use their parts, and add a short hunk of 3/4 copper plumbing pipe for
a ring.

The green poplar is over 200 years old. Good spotting it! I got that, and
a lot of small stuff, from my friends at American Sycamore Woodworkers
Retreat in Cloverdale Indiana (small ad there, I guess, sorry. But they
were the ones that gave me that gorgeous curly oak you see on one pencil
box.)

Thanks all, for the nice comments.

and- Happy New Year!

-Dan

"Jim Hall" wrote in
:

Nice Dan.. Especially like the large box on top of picture. Grain
orientation in front and lid handle is great match for mahogany lid..
Nice green piece of poplar in cutting board.. and screwdrivers are
cool.. Those Irwin quick release clamps are handy, aren't they... I