Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin

Default The wife made a comment

She asked if I was going to sell any of the bowls I make. To be completely
honest I never gave it a thought. So I have a question. When y'all started
turning was it more of a hobby, something to do as relaxation, or as an
adjunct to other construction activities? I see it more as relaxation and an
opportunity to create, as a balance to sitting in front of a computer screen
7:30 - 5:00 five days a week. I take enjoyment in seeing something actually
taking shape under my direction within a rather short period of time.
Gardening offers the same although the gratification is spread out over the
summer.
I give my bowls away as gifts and carted a dozen or so over to China this
past Christmas to hand out to wife's siude of the family. When you first
started thinking about selling, were there doubts about the quality of your
work and if anyone would actually but the things? Comments are appreciated.

Great Wife, Definitely a Keeper Errol Groff Metalworking 10 January 1st 05 09:04 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Made it to Virginia safely Charlie Self Woodworking 2 June 19th 04 01:34 PM