mac davis

On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:33:06 -0500, "Kevin" wrote:

I'd like to thank all of those who responded with comments. Many were
confirmations of what I already thought while others brought to mind new
ideas. Having a hobby transform itself over time into a job may work in some
cases, that is, still remain enjoyable. I do like the idea of donating to
churches and such for the purpose of raffling. I did have an idea of
turning a few dozen candle holders and giving them to my church for gifts to
parents of the newly baptized. I suspect that before we have to rent
storage for the bowls and other output I will have ample opportunities to
give away/donate items. Now if some of the folks would like to actually
purchase, well there is that new bowl gouge I saw on the Packard site ....

thanks,
-k

IMHO, that's a good choice...
The thing that I hope that I never give up is not only the enjoyment of turning,
but the freedom to take as much or as little time on a turning as I want to..

I just don't think it would be much fun to be "on the clock" and be worrying
about spending too much time on a bowl or something to be profitable.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing