Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody smart meters

so

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2021 17:24, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:54:29 +0100, tim... wrote:

so

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

And people wonder why I'm not wasting my time having one fitted.

They can't even get estimated readings anywhere near right.
I know that it should be the same as the same quarter last year to
within a fiver plus or minus, simple as that.
As trustworthy with tech as the Post office and their "Horizon"
accounting package, cui bono there, we still don't know .

--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
http://diverse.4mg.com/slr.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... brought next idea :
email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

Probably just an automatic send. Check they are receiving your
consumption readings on line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/05/2021 19:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
tim... brought next idea :
email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

Probably just an automatic send. Check they are receiving your
consumption readings on line.

In the case of our village hall they aren't. It failed 2 months after
installation for no mobile signal service visit and again six months
after that (they gave up at that point). We already have the highest
gain antenna that they can stick on it.

My own house will be even worse for mobile signal level. They are
agitating to replace my antediluvian counter rotating dials one!
(it has recently clocked itself modulo maximum possible reading)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 May 2021 16:54:29 +0100, tim... wrote:

so

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

And people wonder why I'm not wasting my time having one fitted.

That isnt the result most get, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 25 May 2021 08:40:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

And people wonder why I'm not wasting my time having one fitted.

That isnt the result most get, stupid.

Obviously many enough, senile retard!

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

so

last month I got my smart meter

and this month what do I get?

email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

When Ovo installed my smart meters a few years ago it took a while for
them to get the automatic reading/billing organised. (No longer with
Ovo so smart meters no longer smart.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
tim... brought next idea :
email with "It's time to supply us with your readings"

Probably just an automatic send. Check they are receiving your consumption
readings on line.

I guess you are right

I'm not going to supply them with a reading and will seed what happens

I can always correct it later

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well EDF ineptitude means I have a smart meter but the device to read it
for me as a blind person has vanished in the internal cock up department so
they are having to send me another then book an engineer to pair it.
I do often worry about the ability of people to follow simple instructions,
like check screen for special requirements put there by priority services,
and follow them, don't assume you know a better way to do what should be
simple.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please