Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 100mm 100w Decor bulb.

In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table.
Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no
longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED
equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still
avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I
want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table.
Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no
longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED
equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still
avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I
want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Glo...0375911&sr=8-5

Possibly the key word is "opal" in google search "100mm opal LED bulb"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting
over the table. Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent
with frosted glass - and no longer available. Only looked at
TLC but they don't seem to do a LED equivalent.

Philips Hue do.

Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which
are still avaiable, but it looks horrid.

What do you find horrid about it ?

And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being
a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The Hue bulbs will be fine in that regard.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want.

Me neither.

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before.

The white ambience Hues can be set to any color temp you like.

Any suggestions?

Philips Hue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table.
Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no
longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED
equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still
avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I
want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Glo...0375911&sr=8-5

Possibly the key word is "opal" in google search "100mm opal LED bulb"

That looks like it would do, but non dimmable, sadly. I did look on Ebay.

--
*I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

https://any-lamp.co.uk/osram-led-star-globe-classic-e27-g95-12w-827-1521lm-frosted-dimmable-extra-warm-white-replaces-100w

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table.
Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no
longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED
equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still
avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I
want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

You can still get compact fluorescent globe types, such as shown here
(with others at about 2/3 way down the page):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/1940626975?iid=113755805135

Non dimmable, of course, but a very even light.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
Any suggestions?

Philips Hue.

Do they work with a regular wall dimmer, or is it from their app/special
remote control only?

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
That looks like it would do, but non dimmable, sadly. I did look on Ebay.

Search for 'G95 opal dimmable', for example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-OSRAM-...W/193341977153

(there are some which are 2200K - this is a bit too yellow for my liking,
but it's very 'warm'. Probably not bright enough for you though.)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Theo" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
Any suggestions?

Philips Hue.

Do they work with a regular wall dimmer,

Nope.

or is it from their app/special remote control only?

From everything from their own wire free battery free kinetic
dimmers to any of the stuff like echo dots and google home
minis, phone apps on any type of phone etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:38 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 02:38:13 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

Philips Hue do.

I believe I told you already several times, senile Rodent: shove your
Philips Hue up your senile arse, you trolling senile arsehole!

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

https://any-lamp.co.uk/osram-led-star-globe-classic-e27-g95-12w-827-1521lm-frosted-dimmable-extra-warm-white-replaces-100w

That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

--
*Two many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 05:16:09 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

Yes:
https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

(fitted one and it's fine, just like a regular BC pendant)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In the kitchen/breakfast room I have a pendant fitting over the table.
Lampshade and the above bulb. Incandescent with frosted glass - and no
longer available. Only looked at TLC but they don't seem to do a LED
equivalent. Temporarily fitted a 100 watt halogen which are still
avaiable, but it looks horrid. And produces nasty patterns on the wall
which the larger Decor lamp didn't, being a much larger light source than
the small halogen filamant.

The TLC ones also seem to have a visible 'filament'. Not what I want. I
want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

IKEA do a 100mm LED one but you will probably need a ES to B22 converter
but they arent expensive. It is dimmable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:43:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any suggestions?

https://any-lamp.co.uk/osram-led-star-globe-classic-e27-g95-12w-827-1521lm-frosted-dimmable-extra-warm-white-replaces-100w

That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

I've just looked on ebay auctions and see this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crompton-...AOSwMFhf1Lm C

It's 5 incandescent 50mm 100W pearl bulbs, which might do instead of
your 100mm one. Hurry, only 1 day to go!
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Theo wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

Yes:
https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

(fitted one and it's fine, just like a regular BC pendant)

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like
Screwfix don't sell them?

--
*Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave W wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:43:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any
suggestions?

https://any-lamp.co.uk/osram-led-star-globe-classic-e27-g95-12w-827-1521lm-frosted-dimmable-extra-warm-white-replaces-100w

That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to
keep the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they
have the same lampshade fitting.

I've just looked on ebay auctions and see this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crompton-...AOSwMFhf1Lm C

It's 5 incandescent 50mm 100W pearl bulbs, which might do instead of
your 100mm one. Hurry, only 1 day to go!

It's a similar look of the thing both on and off I'm after.

--
*I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Theo wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

Yes:
https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

(fitted one and it's fine, just like a regular BC pendant)

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like
Screwfix don't sell them?

Lack of demand from tradespeople who are their main custom?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I know the BC idea is supposedly safer as there is no connection to the
metal base of the bulb as there is with ES, but the ES ones also do not
spontaneously drop on your head due to failure of one of the bayonet slots
after 10 years being cooked by the bulb either.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

This document should only be read by those persons for whom Paranoia is
normal
and its contents are probably boring and confusing. If you receive this
e-Mail
message in error, do not notify the sender immediately, instead, print it
out and make
paper animals out of it. As the rest of this disclaimer is totally
incomprehensible, we have not bothered to attach it.
"Dave W" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:43:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

I want a nice even warm white 100mm globe, as before. Any
suggestions?

https://any-lamp.co.uk/osram-led-star-globe-classic-e27-g95-12w-827-1521lm-frosted-dimmable-extra-warm-white-replaces-100w

That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

I've just looked on ebay auctions and see this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crompton-...AOSwMFhf1Lm C

It's 5 incandescent 50mm 100W pearl bulbs, which might do instead of
your 100mm one. Hurry, only 1 day to go!
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:

Theo wrote:

https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like
Screwfix don't sell them?

Probably cheaper to buy an entire light from ikea, chop the ES
lampholder off it and throw the shade away :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Theo wrote:

https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like
Screwfix don't sell them?

Probably cheaper to buy an entire light from ikea, chop the ES
lampholder off it and throw the shade away :-)

Yes - I'd been told this before. But surely I'm not the only ones who
would like to change a pendant fitting from BC to ES?

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I know the BC idea is supposedly safer as there is no connection to the
metal base of the bulb as there is with ES, but the ES ones also do not
spontaneously drop on your head due to failure of one of the bayonet
slots after 10 years being cooked by the bulb either.

If you wire the ES fitting correctly - line to centre contact - the metal
base on an ES would be just as safe to touch.

It's usually the plastic which breaks on an old BC holder. Really not sure
if ES would last any longer?

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In article ,
Theo wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
That looks like what I want. Except for being ES. Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones? I'd like to keep
the lampshade. TLC only do brass ones, and it's not clear if they have the
same lampshade fitting.

Yes:
https://mastertrade.co.uk/set-lg9490...00w-white.html

(fitted one and it's fine, just like a regular BC pendant)

They've arrived and are just fine, Theo, thanks. Wonder why places like
Screwfix don't sell them?

Lack of demand from tradespeople who are their main custom?

Ok. But why do B&Q and Wickes etc not sell them either?

But given I couldn't find the LED bulbs I wanted in BC, I'd say more and
more will have the same problem.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 10:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
I know the BC idea is supposedly safer as there is no connection to the
metal base of the bulb as there is with ES, but the ESĀ* ones also do not
spontaneously drop on your head due to failure of one of the bayonet
slots after 10 years being cooked by the bulb either.

But with constant heat cycling ES bulbs can get firmly stuck in the
connector - having lacerated hands because the glass breaks when trying
to remove the bulb makes the failed bayonet seem safer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman wrote:

Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones?

Too late now, just rummaging through my bits box and saw a couple of
these, which I remember I purchased about a year ago

https://www.homebase.co.uk/screw-e27-lampholder_p401857

Sometimes homebase have their uses ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Are ES pendant bulb
holders now easy to get? Same sort of design as BC ones?

Too late now, just rummaging through my bits box and saw a couple of
these, which I remember I purchased about a year ago

https://www.homebase.co.uk/screw-e27-lampholder_p401857

Sometimes homebase have their uses ...

I'm sure I checked Homebase for them ages ago, before giving up. And
today, not even sure where the nearest one is. The big one in Wandsworth
near the river is being replaced by housing as is the B&Q opposite. And
the one in Wimbledon simply closed and the building unused.

But I got the ones mentioned on here mail order, and they arrived ages
ago. Not so the LEDs from AnyLamp - got an email saying they had problems
in their warehouse. Lets hope it's not a Brexit thing and they're going to
put the price up as they come from the EU...

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *