Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Contact tracing app.

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2020 07:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

will it work on my nokia 1100 ? ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

All I can deduce without actually reading it is.
1 people who use smart phones tend not to install apps unless they are
geeks or the young.Until the new api is rolled out, then the only way the
system will work is if everyone has Bluetooth on all the time
people are not happy about the privacy aspects of this situation
too many competing apps with different protocols is going to be a disaster
Looking at the penetration in Singapore, ie 8 to 10 percent, its unlikely to
be much of a help. Far more tracing was done due to government access to
cctv and credit/debit card use than was done via the app.

That was just a few of the reasons its not much use, add that to the still
not insignificant number of people who use non smart phones or older ones
which cannot be updated to the latest software, and really why are we
wasting our time Big Brother knows the data is out there from other sources.
The online shopping, hopefully can be filtered out away from the straight
data of card use.
I have this evil thought of deliberately visiting places which are out of
character to see what happens.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion. Should have referenced Bruce Schneier who doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

--
Clive Page

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

What's the betting the App will require full access to your address
book/phone contact list and all photos etc. so it contact you and all
your friends if you have been within 100 metres of someone suspected of
having Coronavirus/Covid19 and post your photo and address so that
others can see if you are self isolating.

Too many apps seem to want blanket access to personal information.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc
GB GB is offline

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

What's the betting the App will require full access to your address
book/phone contact list and all photos etc. so it contact you and all
your friends if you have been within 100 metres of someone suspected of
having Coronavirus/Covid19 and post your photo and address so that
others can see if you are self isolating.

Too many apps seem to want blanket access to personal information.

No one is forcing you to use them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y, alt.war.vietnam, uk.politics.misc

On 3 May 2020, GB wrote
(in article ):

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...the-problems-a
nd-the-potential-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

What's the betting the App will require full access to your address
book/phone contact list and all photos etc. so it contact you and all
your friends if you have been within 100 metres of someone suspected of
having Coronavirus/Covid19 and post your photo and address so that
others can see if you are self isolating.

Too many apps seem to want blanket access to personal information.

No one is forcing you to use them.

Not yet.....

Watch this space.

Minority of one

Like those shopping malls where the lifts are in glass, people can see
countries like China which are going up, through working together, and ours
going down, where a malicious elite is determined to grab ownership of all
property and leave the drones barely able to survive.

War has no purpose except to debilitate some and enrich others. As Corbyn
rightly said, there has been no just war for this country since ww2 ended.
The awfulness of war convinced British politicians to stop persecution within
their own population and the populations of other countries, but 40 years
later Mrs Thatcher reversed that policy and decided to turn against her own
cheered on by selfish London taxi drivers and their ilk; Blair turning
against the world.

In simple terms , all of the creative energy in British politics for the next
40 years has been in pursuing the policies that led to 2 world wars. No
political energy has been put into making a greener world, nor a medically
better world. Our seas are highly polluted with nuclear and heavy metal
poisons. Our fields are trashed by intensive farming militias and their GPS
guided weapons. What this means is that democracy has been perverted and we
are no longer able to curtail the greed of politicians.

The biggest problem facing us right now is how to take back control of
democracy from the stupidity of politicians and their paid prostitutes the
MSM. If we dont get an investigation into the use of algorithms to rig
elections our world is not worth living in, for any of us. Politicians have
no right to subvert their opponents with bribery and corruption.

Ping. 'MIND THE DOORS, PLEASE'. We have reached rock bottom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

That’s bull****.

Until the new api is rolled out, then the only way the system will work is
if everyone has Bluetooth on all the time

That’s wrong too, it doesn’t need everyone to be useful.

people are not happy about the privacy aspects of this situation

Plenty don’t care.

too many competing apps with different protocols is going to be a disaster

No reason why there cant be just one app per country.

Looking at the penetration in Singapore, ie 8 to 10 percent, its unlikely
to be much of a help.

'We have got more than that in just one week.

Far more tracing was done due to government access to cctv and
credit/debit card use than was done via the app.

Neither tell how long you have been close to others for long enough.

That was just a few of the reasons its not much use,

That’s bull****.

add that to the still not insignificant number of people who use non smart
phones or older ones which cannot be updated to the latest software,

Doesn’t need everyone to be useful.

and really why are we wasting our time

We arent wasting our time.

Big Brother knows the data is out there from other sources.

Bull**** they do with how long you have been close enough to others.

The online shopping, hopefully can be filtered out away from the straight
data of card use.

That’s not what a tracing app is about.

I have this evil thought of deliberately visiting places which are out of
character to see what happens.

Nothing, because that’s not what a contacts tracing app is about.

"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

What's the betting the App will require full access to your address
book/phone contact list and all photos etc. so it contact you and all your
friends if you have been within 100 metres of someone suspected of having
Coronavirus/Covid19 and post your photo and address so that others can see
if you are self isolating.

Ours doesnt.

Too many apps seem to want blanket access to personal information.

No reason why this has to,. and none do with iphones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

"Keema's Nan" wrote in message
news.com...
On 3 May 2020, GB wrote
(in article ):

Thats bull**** with Korea and Malaya and the Falklands.

BULL****.

No political energy has been put into making a greener world,

BULL****.

nor a medically better world.

BULL****.

Our seas are highly polluted with nuclear and heavy metal poisons.

BULL****.

Our fields are trashed by intensive farming
militias and their GPS guided weapons.

BULL****.

What this means is that democracy has been perverted

BULL****.

and we are no longer able to curtail the greed of politicians.

BULL****.

The biggest problem facing us right now is how to
take back control of democracy from the stupidity

vof politicians and their paid prostitutes the MSM.

BULL****.

If we dont get an investigation into the use of algorithms
to rig elections our world is not worth living in, for any of us.

BULL****.

Politicians have no right to subvert their
opponents with bribery and corruption.

Ping. 'MIND THE DOORS, PLEASE'.
We have reached rock bottom.

BULL****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc
GB GB is offline

On 03-05-2020 10:58, Keema's Nan wrote:
On 3 May 2020, GB wrote
(in article ):

Graham. wrote:

[...]

I got my mate to take out that stuck butt plug when he was fisting me .

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 3 May 2020 20:28:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

20:28??? STILL trolling? After you've been trolling ALL NIGHT and ALL DAY
long again, for almost SEVENTEEN HOURS, you subnormal senile sociopath?

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 May 2020 20:20:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 May 2020 20:12:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

On Sun, 03 May 2020 10:58:42 +0100, Keema's Nan
wrote:

On 3 May 2020, GB wrote
(in article ):

Graham. wrote:

[...]

Better kill yourself NOW, Giles...while you still CAN!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

Graham. wrote:

[...]

And now you're spraying your inane diarrhoea all over this group...
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
sick old nazoid paedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron ("Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells") wrote:

Better kill yourself NOW,

No, old nazoid paedo Andrzej... YOU better kill yourself now,
before those crazy Israelis find you... LOL!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...U/Yz9rjwlHAtMJ

OUCH!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
sick old nazoid paedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron ("Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells") wrote:

And now you're spraying your inane diarrhoea all over this group...

You're really fascinated with diarrhoea, are you not, old nazoid paedo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

will it work on my nokia 1100 ? ...

Or my BT Relate 80 ?.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

On Sun, 3 May 2020 11:56:51 +0000 (UTC), NoSpamAtAll wrote:

And now you're spraying your inane diarrhoea all over this group...

You're really fascinated with diarrhoea, are you not, old nazoid paedo.

What would you expect? She IS an asshole, after all! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

Default It's REAL DUMB pedophilic serb nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

On Sun, 03 May 2020 04:43:08 -0700, clinically insane, pedophilic, serbian
sexual cripple, making an ass of herself as "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells",
farted again:

Better kill yourself NOW, Giles...while you still CAN!

YOU could never "kill" yourself, dreckserb Razovic. It would ALWAYS be
called "euthanasia" by everyone!

"Isn't it time that paedophiles were admitted to the LGBTQ rainbow?
Now that every other sexual deviation seems to have been accommodated?"
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 May 2020 14:10:51 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
will it work on my nokia 1100 ? ...

Or my BT Relate 80 ?.

I know it won't work on my Tele 232

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion.Â* Should have referenced Bruce Schneier who
doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2020 15:04, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion.Â* Should have referenced Bruce Schneier
who doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

Oh well. The authorities will just have to resort to microchipping the
elderly. If it's good enough for pets...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion. Should have referenced Bruce Schneier who
doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

Really - Charles aged 79 + 360/365

-

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 May 2020 06:46:08 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Sunday, 3 May 2020 14:10:51 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
will it work on my nokia 1100 ? ...

Or my BT Relate 80 ?.

I know it won't work on my Tele 232

Owain

It won't be able to tell whether contact was made with a contaminated
handrail or door handle.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2020 15:04, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion.Â* Should have referenced Bruce Schneier
who doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

But they possibly less likely to spread the disease as they have a
greater incentive to they follow social distancing rules.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/2020 16:27, Michael Chare wrote:
On 03/05/2020 15:04, alan_m wrote:
On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion.Â* Should have referenced Bruce Schneier
who doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

But they possibly less likely to spread the disease as they have a
greater incentive to they follow social distancing rules.

Hmmm.. already the term "social distancing" is being frowned on.
Apparently "physical distancing" is less harmful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y, alt.war.vietnam, uk.politics.misc

On Sun, 03 May 2020 10:58:42 +0100, Keema's Nan wrote:

The biggest problem facing us right now is how to take back control of
democracy from the stupidity of politicians and their paid prostitutes
the MSM. If we dont get an investigation into the use of algorithms to
rig elections our world is not worth living in, for any of us.
Politicians have no right to subvert their opponents with bribery and
corruption.

And yet you'd have been happy to see the Brexit Referendum result
ignored, just because you didn't agree with it! You have a different
concept of democracy to that of most reasoning people.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

On Sun, 3 May 2020 14:07:19 -0000 (UTC), John wrote:

On Sun, 03 May 2020 11:56:51 +0000, NoSpamAtAll aka jew paedophile VERMIN Barry Z. Shein shpammed:

fluhs jew shmut/shpam/liesh/****e

Why you ask that ?

The jew paedophile VERMIN Barry Z. Shein is just shpamming as usual.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.war.vietnam,uk.politics.misc

In article ,
sick old nazoid paedo Andrew "Andrzej" Baron ("Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells") wrote:

That filthy frog Faurisson is dead... but I shed no tears for the
bloody 'tard. With his insane, boring, endless rants he caused
far more bad than good for the movement. Good ****ing riddance!

Let's just hope that other old 'tard, David Irving, also
croaks soon (maybe he can follow his daughter and crawl out
of a window... LOLOK!).

Then, there may be some prospect for the revival of Holocaust
revisionism.

Really?? LOL!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 03/05/2020 10:13, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/05/2020 23:25, Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Not very good in my opinion. Should have referenced Bruce Schneier who
doesn't think it will be useful at all:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...covad-19_.html

It's a shame that it isn't likely to work, as if it did it would be
wonderful, but one has to be realistic.

The older generation who are at most at risk are the least likely to
install any apps such as this.

But they arent the ones that need contact tracing, its
the much more mobile younger people who need that
when they turn out to be positive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 May 2020 05:01:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well we will see who is talking Bull**** in the fullness of time.

It will not be of much use if its not used by a lot of people.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Well we will see who is talking Bull**** in the fullness of time.

That depends on how much its used.

It will not be of much use if its not used by a lot of people.

True

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:02 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER TWO HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 4 May 2020 06:02:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

06:02 already??? LOL You really are one sick sociopathic senile swine! LOL

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Wrote in message:
On Sun, 03 May 2020 06:46:08 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Sunday, 3 May 2020 14:10:51 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
will it work on my nokia 1100 ? ...
Or my BT Relate 80 ?.

I know it won't work on my Tele 232

Owain

It won't be able to tell whether contact was made with a contaminated
handrail or door handle.

IoT Every grain of sand can have a unique IPv6 address
apparently, so handrails and door knobs should be a doddle
;-)
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----