Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Contact tracing app.

All I can deduce without actually reading it is.
1 people who use smart phones tend not to install apps unless they are
geeks or the young.Until the new api is rolled out, then the only way the
system will work is if everyone has Bluetooth on all the time
people are not happy about the privacy aspects of this situation
too many competing apps with different protocols is going to be a disaster
Looking at the penetration in Singapore, ie 8 to 10 percent, its unlikely to
be much of a help. Far more tracing was done due to government access to
cctv and credit/debit card use than was done via the app.

That was just a few of the reasons its not much use, add that to the still
not insignificant number of people who use non smart phones or older ones
which cannot be updated to the latest software, and really why are we
wasting our time Big Brother knows the data is out there from other sources.
The online shopping, hopefully can be filtered out away from the straight
data of card use.
I have this evil thought of deliberately visiting places which are out of
character to see what happens.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579