Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Contact tracing app.

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 03/05/2020 07:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Graham. wrote:

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579

If only it wasn't using one of those "scrollytelling" web styles ...

I think these apps either rely on a centralised databse that would be
every search engine's dream or defeating bluetooth MAC address
randomisation (why do you think every shop offers free wifi? to defeat
wifi MAC address randomisation)

What's the betting the App will require full access to your address
book/phone contact list and all photos etc. so it contact you and all your
friends if you have been within 100 metres of someone suspected of having
Coronavirus/Covid19 and post your photo and address so that others can see
if you are self isolating.

Ours doesnt.

Too many apps seem to want blanket access to personal information.

No reason why this has to,. and none do with iphones.