Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 3-contact 2.5mm male - 4-contact 3.5 mm female

I got an Iphone headset which has four contacs on a phone plug.
But the phone uses a normal 3-contact universal handsfree.

I have bought numerous adaptors but they don't seem to work.
I can hear the phone, but I can't be heard.

I am now tempted to make the adaptors myself. How do you spec them?
Would places like Mouser have them or are they still too new?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 01/12/2014 06:05 PM, wrote:
I got an Iphone headset which has four contacs on a phone plug.
But the phone uses a normal 3-contact universal handsfree.

I have bought numerous adaptors but they don't seem to work.
I can hear the phone, but I can't be heard.

I am now tempted to make the adaptors myself. How do you spec them?
Would places like Mouser have them or are they still too new?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

I have a Yaesu adaptor for handheld transceivers that has the 4 chan
male 3.5mm to a stereo 3.5mm Female and a mono 3.5mm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you considered getting a new phone? I was trying to make a four-pin
handset work on a three-pin cell phone around the time I decided to switch to
another provider. The phone that came with the change had a four-pin jack, and
everything worked fine.