Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Contact tracing app.

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

All I can deduce without actually reading it is.

1 people who use smart phones tend not to install apps unless they are
geeks or the young.

That’s bull****.

Until the new api is rolled out, then the only way the system will work is
if everyone has Bluetooth on all the time

That’s wrong too, it doesn’t need everyone to be useful.

people are not happy about the privacy aspects of this situation

Plenty don’t care.

too many competing apps with different protocols is going to be a disaster

No reason why there cant be just one app per country.

Looking at the penetration in Singapore, ie 8 to 10 percent, its unlikely
to be much of a help.

'We have got more than that in just one week.

Far more tracing was done due to government access to cctv and
credit/debit card use than was done via the app.

Neither tell how long you have been close to others for long enough.

That was just a few of the reasons its not much use,

That’s bull****.

add that to the still not insignificant number of people who use non smart
phones or older ones which cannot be updated to the latest software,

Doesn’t need everyone to be useful.

and really why are we wasting our time

We arent wasting our time.

Big Brother knows the data is out there from other sources.

Bull**** they do with how long you have been close enough to others.

The online shopping, hopefully can be filtered out away from the straight
data of card use.

That’s not what a tracing app is about.

I have this evil thought of deliberately visiting places which are out of
character to see what happens.

Nothing, because that’s not what a contacts tracing app is about.

"Graham." wrote in message

I thought this was a passable piece of journalism.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ntial-11980579