Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Default List of moderators for ULM?

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 14:39 29 Apr 2020, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 13:32:58 on Wed,
29 Apr 2020, Pamela remarked:

Is there any information in the headers of a post to ULM to indicate which
moderator approved it?

I don't think so. Nor is there a public audit trail for which moderator
rejected a posting.

I bet that can lead to some inter-mod disagreement!

Why?

Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators. There
has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision. Not many
posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid reason. The same
goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women in
working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 01/05/2020 09:32, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 14:39 29 Apr 2020, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 13:32:58 on Wed,
29 Apr 2020, Pamela remarked:

Is there any information in the headers of a post to ULM to indicate which
moderator approved it?

I don't think so. Nor is there a public audit trail for which moderator
rejected a posting.

I bet that can lead to some inter-mod disagreement!

Why?

Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators. There
has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision. Not many
posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid reason. The same
goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women in
working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I was wondering about that comment, seemed so totally random.

--
kat
^..^

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 May 2020 08:32:02 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole
wrote:

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 14:39 29 Apr 2020, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 13:32:58 on Wed,
29 Apr 2020, Pamela remarked:

Is there any information in the headers of a post to ULM to indicate which
moderator approved it?

I don't think so. Nor is there a public audit trail for which moderator
rejected a posting.

I bet that can lead to some inter-mod disagreement!

Why?

Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators. There
has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision. Not many
posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid reason. The same
goes for two other groups I moderate.

Posts might not be rejected but individuals who disagree with your
views most certainly are.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women in
working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

He's lashing out in all directions...been wound up big time I reckon.
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 01/05/2020 09:32:02, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
On 14:39 29 Apr 2020, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 13:32:58 on Wed,
29 Apr 2020, Pamela remarked:

Is there any information in the headers of a post to ULM to indicate which
moderator approved it?

I don't think so. Nor is there a public audit trail for which moderator
rejected a posting.

I bet that can lead to some inter-mod disagreement!

Why?

Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators. There
has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision. Not many
posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid reason. The same
goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women in
working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

How many hairdressers do you know?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Off the top of my head, three or four.

HTH.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

--
*Remember not to forget that which you do not need to know.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

So you have probably never seen 3 or 4 in one space.

The closest you might get is a hen do, but without the drink.

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

Seeing it's an amateur radio group, that's a given.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
I‘ve run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderator‘s decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

There have been a *lot* of problems with his group. If you fancy boggling
your mind, google RSGBTech.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

"of the top of my head"...ha ha ha ha

Bobbie and Graeme shut down so I bought a flowbee substitute the
robocut.....

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

but like ther masons then .....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Gonna be fun when 30 Million women all try to get appointments after
the lock down!
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 May 2020 13:28:56 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

And anybody who dares to disgree with him.... which is virtually
every-one....
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 01/05/2020 15:11, Rambo wrote:
On Fri, 01 May 2020 13:28:56 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

And anybody who dares to disgree with him.... which is virtually
every-one....

I tried being nice to him...doesn't work ....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Ill be heading straight to the barbers myself, havent had a haircut since
the end of February and its looking tatty now!

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Yep same here.

Hope I don't get faced by my worst nightmare...a ponytail!
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

In message , Rambo
writes

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I'm aiming for a man bun aka a topknot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Ou8H8HGfM

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

In message , Rambo
writes

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I'm aiming for a man bun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Ou8H8HGfM

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

brian wrote:
In message , Rambo
writes

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

You should go for pigtails and really freak the family out.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
Ive run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderators
decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes
all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

Seeing it's an amateur radio group, that's a given.

At least one woman in our. Not sure if you consider Italians as non whites
or not.

Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 May 2020 04:35:38 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as cantankerous

Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Joshua Snow wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
IŒve run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderatorŒs
decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes
all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

Seeing it's an amateur radio group, that's a given.

At least one woman in our. Not sure if you consider Italians as non whites
or not.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM

Probably the last decent bit of acting Dennis Hopper did, that film.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
I?ve run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderator?s decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

There have been a *lot* of problems with his group. If you fancy boggling
your mind, google "RSGBTech".

OTOH, up till recently it seems to have brought its moderators nothing
but pure, megalomaniacal pleasure.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Cole wrote:
I?ve run run a group for over 10 years which has several moderators.
There has never been a disagreement over another moderator?s decision.
Not many posts are rejected but if one is, then it is for a valid
reason. The same goes for two other groups I moderate.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I'd guess the sort of group Reay would be allowed to moderate excludes all
sorts of people from the start. All non whites and women would be likely.

There have been a *lot* of problems with his group. If you fancy boggling
your mind, google "RSGBTech".

OTOH, up till recently it seems to have brought its moderators nothing
but pure, megalomaniacal pleasure.

Oh, absolutely. I meant it had caused a lot of problems for everybody other
than the groups moderators.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.net.news.moderation,uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:

e.

Not everyone behaves like you Pamela, not everyone behaves like women
in working in a hairdressers.

Why the misogynistic attack on female salon workers, Brian?

I was wondering about that comment, seemed so totally random.

I find it strange.

Maybe Brian is simmering after I've put him right him in other arguments, so
he resorts to pointed jibes. Still seems strange that they're so random.

You and I have had our differences but we don't resort to a guerilla war of
needless insults. Very disappointing.

Could never see the point of them!
--
kat
^..^

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I know quite a few, and it has to be said, it is true, not everyone behaves like
women working in hairdressers. Some people seem incapable of being that
pleasant and polite. Some even seem to make up really weird insults.

--
kat
^..^

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Brian has a long history of such attacks on people and professions that he
perceives as lower class.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I have my hair and beard cut at a Turkish barbershop and the guys in there
have always been very pleasant to chat to.

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

I have never been in a barber's shop, Turkish or otherwise, but there is one
near where I live that always looks busy so I assume the staff are friendly. So
too are the staff in the women's hairdresser's.

--
kat
^..^

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Pamela wrote:
[...]

Noticed how the politicians still have nice haircuts (with one notable
exception).

Seems it's do as I say not as I do yet again....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2020 15:23, Rambo wrote:

o.

Noticed how the politicians still have nice haircuts (with one notable
exception).

Seems it's do as I say not as I do yet again....

Fret not Rambo, my son, and my son in law, and assorted male grandchildren ( one
of whom shares your nickname), all do too, using electric clippers, at home.

--
kat
^..^