Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

Nice that he has bled all over the polling card, too.

--
€œThere are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isnt true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.€

€”Soren Kierkegaard
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

Nice that he has bled all over the polling card, too.

Where is the PVC T&E?

Loads of the ****ers yesterday at work when I opened a stable door.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better IME.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 04:13, ARW wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

Nice that he has bled all over the polling card, too.

Where is the PVC T&E?

in the roof and walls. I think they have been having a go,..

They?

Yup.

Cheddar cheese got the next one.

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff...20Trap%202.png

Loads of the ****ers yesterday at work when I opened a stable door.

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Cats are too damned slow.

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 10:47:51 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

If you want to see a rat killing machine, search for terrier and rat
on Youtube. ;-(

Cats are too damned slow.

Cats are pointless. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Nov 2019 15:04:16 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Have to be a big trap to catch him!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 30/11/2019 11:36, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 10:47:51 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

If you want to see a rat killing machine, search for terrier and rat
on Youtube. ;-(

Cats are too damned slow.

Cats are pointless. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Yorkshire lads use lard:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 14:42, Max Demian wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

I simply dont have any in the house anywhere.

I think I even chucked the vegetasble suet as being inedible

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Surely that is too easy to lick off without triggering the trap, Shirley.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:55:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Surely that is too easy to lick off without triggering the trap, Shirley.

LOL Auto-contradicting senile idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used.

Little balls of cooked mashed potato work better but these tend to dry
out within a day at which point they become less effective.

I note that on one of the TV reality programs about catching rats the
trick was to bait a nail (with peanut butter) a couple of inches up the
wall and put the trap on the floor beneath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 18:52, ARW wrote:
On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Yorkshire lads use lard:-)

A rich girl uses Vaseline
A poor girl uses lard...

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats. I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 03:52:01 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

Peanut butter isn't bad but it goes rancid. Nutella on the other hand
just dries and slowly at that remaining effective bait for weeks.

Nice that he has bled all over the polling card, too.

And the breakfast table? Along with the poo and when they are alive
they leak **** all the time to leave a trail.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 00:24:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats.

Sorry, I didn't look.

I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he sees a
fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh
.... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house,
or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years
(vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 18:41, ARW wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

You've lowered the tone yet again Adam.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 21:41, alan_m wrote:
On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works
better IME.

I wonder what the vegan attitude to pest control is?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

My mam wanted to see that film. My dad said it was mucky and anyway it
was banned in Doncaster. We found out it wasn't banned in Barnsley so I
took my mam in the van to Goldthorpe to see it.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 18:52, ARW wrote:
On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

Yorkshire lads use lard:-)

Nay we don't waste good lard. Just run yer finger under the van's
engine. Mind you any lass that's dry once she's seen yer dick has got
summat wrong with her so best get rid.

Incidentally one of my dad's sayings was, "There's more ways to kill a
cat than choking it with lard."

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2019 00:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Along with the poo and when they are alive
they leak **** all the time to leave a trail.

Makes me wonder if I'm a man or a mouse.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
On 30/11/2019 21:41, alan_m wrote:
On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

I wonder what the vegan attitude to pest control is?

Likely the same as conchies, hand them a bunch
of flowers and ask them what else they would like.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/12/2019 02:15, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/11/2019 15:04, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 14:42:32 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Marlon Brando preferred butter.

My mam wanted to see that film. My dad said it was mucky and anyway it
was banned in Doncaster. We found out it wasn't banned in Barnsley so I
took my mam in the van to Goldthorpe to see it.

Goldthorpe had a cinema?

I no longer use it as a route to work but the last time I worked there
the sign had been changed from Goldthorpe to Got Hope and I bought a
rather nice fruit machine from some bloke in a crap apartment.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats.

Sorry, I didn't look.

I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he sees a
fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh
... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house,
or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years
(vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Needs a good kicking IMHO.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/12/2019 02:10, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/11/2019 18:41, ARW wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

You've lowered the tone yet again Adam.

You would be the last to be offended.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 13:34:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

I wonder what the vegan attitude to pest control is?

Likely the same as conchies, hand them a bunch
of flowers and ask them what else they would like.

I won't do that with you though, senile pest!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:41:53 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used.

Little balls of cooked mashed potato work better but these tend to dry
out within a day at which point they become less effective.

I wonder if mixing in a little olive oil would make the potato last longer
and, perhaps, make it more attractive to the meeces.

--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats. I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

I think it's likely, all the dogs we've ever had will chase and catch
mice as well as rats. These dogs include a mixed-up labrador
lookalike, a collie-alsatian cross (he looked like a huge collie!), a
large munsterlander (look it up) and currently two Labradors. The
labradors are least likely to actually chase mice or rats but the cats
encourage them!

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats.

Sorry, I didn't look.

I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he sees a
fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh
... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house,
or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years
(vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Needs a good kicking IMHO.

Enough about T i m.
How to train the dog?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2019 08:55, PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:41:53 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used.

Little balls of cooked mashed potato work better but these tend to dry
out within a day at which point they become less effective.

I wonder if mixing in a little olive oil would make the potato last longer
and, perhaps, make it more attractive to the meeces.

Seems like a possible episode for Masterchef.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

:-)

No word of a lie.

I was working in a secure mental health unit last week. This is the sort
of place where you have to carry a panic alarm call button with you.

When I was in the staff room the staff were discussing the shock alarm
collars they had bought for their dogs FFS.

I was attacked once when working there. This was by an old one legged
lady in a wheelchair.

Now if you did not already know I have a long suffering girlfriend and
when I told her about it she said "Why did you not just get hold of the
wheelchair and whizz her around the room until she was sick?"

Do you see why I love her?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Good to see can think outside the box.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

[...]

The staff can give their dogs electric shocks but are **** scared of
their clients/users/customers/inmates? What are they called these days
that is PC/fashionable?

Actually that was not a bad place to work. You needed to escorted on the
next ward I worked in.

--

Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Just remember to be nice to the staff in places like that. You never
know if you'll be a customer one day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 1 December 2019 12:15:40 UTC, Richard wrote:
Just remember to be nice to the staff in places like that. You never
know if you'll be a customer one day.

The staff should be nice to the customers on the same basis :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 23:02:36 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
A rich girl uses Vaseline
A poor girl uses lard...

God made them high and lowly,
But the rich takes Amex card

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Those buggers.

Actually that was not a bad place to work. You needed to escorted on the
next ward I worked in.

Presumably thats where they keep the ones with rabies.