Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works better
IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used.

Little balls of cooked mashed potato work better but these tend to dry
out within a day at which point they become less effective.

I note that on one of the TV reality programs about catching rats the
trick was to bait a nail (with peanut butter) a couple of inches up the
wall and put the trap on the floor beneath.