Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

On 01/12/2019 11:59, ARW wrote:
On 01/12/2019 11:35, Richard wrote:
On 01/12/2019 11:11, ARW wrote:
On 01/12/2019 10:30, Richard wrote:
On 01/12/2019 05:06, ARW wrote:
On 01/12/2019 01:35, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 00:24:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the
lookout
for such things.

Them's mice not rats.

Sorry, I didn't look.

I know terriers do rats but they bother with
mice?

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he
sees a
fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh
... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house,
or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years
(vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Needs a good kicking IMHO.

Enough about T i m.
How to train the dog?

:-)

No word of a lie.

I was working in a secure mental health unit last week. This is the
sort of place where you have to carry a panic alarm call button with
you.

When I was in the staff room the staff were discussing the shock
alarm collars they had bought for their dogs FFS.

I was attacked once when working there. This was by an old one legged
lady in a wheelchair.

Now if you did not already know I have a long suffering girlfriend
and when I told her about it she said "Why did you not just get hold
of the wheelchair and whizz her around the room until she was sick?"

Do you see why I love her?

Good to see can think outside the box.

The staff can give their dogs electric shocks but are **** scared of
their clients/users/customers/inmates? What are they called these days
that is PC/fashionable?

Actually that was not a bad place to work. You needed to escorted on the
next ward I worked in.

Just remember to be nice to the staff in places like that. You never
know if you'll be a customer one day.