Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

On 30/11/2019 21:41, alan_m wrote:
On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works
better IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used...

As they manage to eat all of it, I rather doubt that. I suspect the
problem is that, being a soft material, the peanut butter does not
transmit the nibbling action to the trigger wire. OTOH, a small block of
chocolate is solid and does.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:19 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 02:19:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the clinically insane, trolling, senile asshole's troll**** unread
again

02:19??? And you've been up and trolling for OVER AN HOUR, ALREADY!

Is your unbearable loneliness not letting you sleep in again, you cretinous,
cantankerous, senile pest? LOL

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2019 05:10, ARW wrote:
On 01/12/2019 02:10, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/11/2019 18:41, ARW wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

You've lowered the tone yet again Adam.

You would be the last to be offended.

The only thing that offends me is political correctness.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2019 04:59, ARW wrote:

Goldthorpe had a cinema?

Yes, the Empire on High Street. Every mining village had a cinema. In
Bentley it was the Coliseum, known as the Coller. I used to go to the
matinees to see Roy Rogers but one week a kid took an air rifle in and
shot the bloke who was reading out the lucky ticket prize. They stopped
the matinees for a while after that. No sense of humour.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 01/12/2019 18:43, Bill Wright wrote:
On 01/12/2019 04:59, ARW wrote:

Goldthorpe had a cinema?

Yes, the Empire on High Street. Every mining village had a cinema. In
Bentley it was the Coliseum, known as the Coller. I used to go to the
matinees to see Roy Rogers but one week a kid took an air rifle in and
shot the bloke who was reading out the lucky ticket prize. They stopped
the matinees for a while after that. No sense of humour.

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/34123

My Great Grandad died at Bentley Colliery.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18:43 1 Dec 2019, Bill Wright wrote:
On 01/12/2019 04:59, ARW wrote:

Goldthorpe had a cinema?

Yes, the Empire on High Street. Every mining village had a cinema. In
Bentley it was the Coliseum, known as the Coller. I used to go to the
matinees to see Roy Rogers but

one week a kid took an air rifle in and shot the bloke who was reading
out the lucky ticket prize.

Blimey. I'm glad the kids have calmed down from those days. Maybe
smartphones have some good effect after all.

They stopped the matinees for a while after that. No sense of humour.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2019 18:41, ARW wrote:

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy even if she is a dog.

You've lowered the tone yet again Adam.

You would be the last to be offended.

The only thing that offends me is political correctness.

Not even someone eating your children ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 11:30:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You would be the last to be offended.

The only thing that offends me is political correctness.

Not even someone eating your children ?

PLEASE spare everyone your psychopathic senile "humour", senile cretin!
tsk

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , lid
says...

Cheddar cheese got the next one.

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff...20Trap%202.png

I notice you haven't included chocolate in your test.

Seems to work well for us.

--

Terry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 14:42:37 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

My dad used chocolate, burnt with a cig lighter on site.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 November 2019 20:55:11 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Max Demian" wrote in message
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Surely that is too easy to lick off without triggering the trap, Shirley.

Why don't you try it and find out. ;-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2019 14:22, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , lid
says...

Cheddar cheese got the next one.

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff...20Trap%202.png

I notice you haven't included chocolate in your test.

Seems to work well for us.

Ther may be a smaller rodent still extant.

I will try chocolate

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11:11 1 Dec 2019, ARW wrote:

On 01/12/2019 10:30, Richard wrote:
On 01/12/2019 05:06, ARW wrote:
On 01/12/2019 01:35, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 00:24:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 11:36:43 +0000, T i m wrote:

I wonder if terriers arer interested.

Mine would be, it's what they are bred for. He's always on the
lookout for such things.

Them's mice not rats.

Sorry, I didn't look.

I know terriers do rats but they bother with mice?

I can't see why not?

Ours got hold of a pigeon the other day and goes mental when he sees
a fox (or cat). He seems to think grey squirrels are good for a laugh
... and crows.

He also doesn't seem to like anyone within 10m of the car, or house,
or us, even if they are on a motorcycle ...

But he was a rescue and we have no idea what he did for the ~5 years
(vets estimate) before we got him (unchipped).

Needs a good kicking IMHO.

Enough about T i m. How to train the dog?

:-)

No word of a lie.

I was working in a secure mental health unit last week. This is the sort
of place where you have to carry a panic alarm call button with you.

When I was in the staff room the staff were discussing the shock alarm
collars they had bought for their dogs FFS.

Now that's not good.

I was attacked once when working there. This was by an old one legged
lady in a wheelchair.

Now if you did not already know I have a long suffering girlfriend and
when I told her about it she said "Why did you not just get hold of the
wheelchair and whizz her around the room until she was sick?"

Do you see why I love her?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

we should attach them to MPs and when they blie we shock them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Terry Casey writes
In article , lid
says...

Cheddar cheese got the next one.

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff...20Trap%202.png

I notice you haven't included chocolate in your test.

Seems to work well for us.

So it should with a name like yours.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Surely that is too easy to lick off without triggering the trap, Shirley.

Why don't you try it and find out. ;-D

Well to date its 5 confirmed kills and one trap disappeared, last heard
rattling around under a kitchen unit in the utility room.

I guess when it stops rattling thats 6 dead.

Which it sort of has.

Cheese still favourite because it stcks well to hte trapand dries out
slower.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

My parents recommended margarine.

Surely that is too easy to lick off without triggering the trap, Shirley.

Why don't you try it and find out. ;-D

Well to date its 5 confirmed kills and one trap disappeared, last heard
rattling around under a kitchen unit in the utility room.

My dad had averies in the back garden, he used to open them up on a sunday and 4 cars used to run around catching the field mice, trouble is they started bringing them in to the house as presents oneday we counted 9.

I guess when it stops rattling thats 6 dead.

Which it sort of has.

Cheese still favourite because it stcks well to hte trapand dries out
slower.

My dad always foudn that chocolate was the best he used to heat it up with a lighter then press it moulton on to the traps.
He always used thouse human traps then he used to drown them.

He also used to eat the rest of the bar himself perhaps that is why he told the wife that they prefered chocolate, but he used to catch quite a few perhaps differnt species of mice prefer differnt foods.