Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Thank you, UK D-I-Yers

On 30/11/2019 21:41, alan_m wrote:
On 30/11/2019 09:14, nightjar wrote:
"It was the peanut butter that proved his downfall, M'lud"

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odd%20stuff/Mouse%20Trap.png

Good tip.

I find that a mouse can nibble peanut butter off the trigger without
springing it. A small block of chocolate, firmly attached, works
better IME.

For me peanut butter works well. If the mouse is not springing the trap
then perhaps too much bait is being used...

As they manage to eat all of it, I rather doubt that. I suspect the
problem is that, being a soft material, the peanut butter does not
transmit the nibbling action to the trigger wire. OTOH, a small block of
chocolate is solid and does.

--
Colin Bignell