Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.glasgow,uk.politics.misc

Default [RSGB] Deadline for exam applications for the current syllabus

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:46, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:25, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:06, Stephen Cole wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 07:43, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 17:15:52 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

If you were limited to a B you did the one of the lower papers. No sure
what is was called when you did your exams- probably the Intermediate.
The papers have some common questions but, the middle one you probably
did, doesn't have the harder questions which carry the marks for the A
and A* grades. From memory, the lower paper (below the one you probably
did) you can only get a C.

So, if you've don't do the Higher paper, answered the same questions,
but struggled with the more complex ones, you'd not have got a A* or
even an A, as some of the easy (available) questions you picked up marks
on would have been removed to keep the overall number questions etc the
same.

Certainly correct in recent years.

Like I said, it sounds sensible so I can easily believe that its how
things are done now. Brians problem is that he played at being a teacher
for a couple of years when he couldnt get another job after being forced
to abruptly end his engineering career, so he pretends he knows all there
is to know about education, to make up for his unqualified status I guess.
Its best just to nod and smile at him in these circumstances, with luck he
wont make too bad a fool of himself.

Repeating lies made up by the usual rejects may make you feel better but it
doesnt change the facts.

The facts are, Brian, that you were an unqualified teacher. Youve admitted
so yourself here several times in the past. Its all in the archives.

shocking

Its all in the archives, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

he is calling you a liar and wants an apology.....go to his door to see
his "certificates" and he will have the police waiting....tee hee

Its all in the archives, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

so you say but I believe brian in this case ....

Youre still trying to worm your way into the Freemasons, then, Jim?
Thanks, Jim.

ha ha ...so I am...tee hee

They wont have you, Jim, due to the ****ted knickers thing. Thats a kink
too far, even for Masons, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:51, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Repeating the group perverts lies just shows how desperate you are.

Pop round, Ill show you the certificate. Then you can apologise.

Its all in the archives, Brian, in your own words. HTH, OM.

Go and check.

DYOR. HTH, OM.

In other words, you know you are lying.

In other words, actually, Im choosing to let you off the hook by not
embarrassing you by posting your own words back at you to prove you wrong.
You can thank me in email if you wish.

go on go on go on go on ...

Hes already thanked me in email, Jim, so I cant now in good conscience
throw him under the bus. Sorry, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.local.glasgow,uk.politics.misc

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

that will be it ....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

what do you mean "thanked me in email" ? ....
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 15/08/2019 23:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/08/2019 20:23, Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:

The papers were dished out from a single stack, not named or otherwise
indicated as different, and I recall talking with lads in top set that it
was daft that lower set were capped at B despite sitting same paper as
them.

The exam board mark the papers and have no idea which class / set you are
in.

You sat a paper €˜capped at a B. The rest is your own delusion.

tee hee

I can see that as a results of the multiple burns that Stephen Thomas
Cole CB/M0TEY has received in this thread from Brian Reay ex-M3OSN, the
former's imaginary friend ('Burt') is going to get a pasting.

--
Spike

The maths teacher broke down in tears at
the North West Wiltshire Magistrates Court

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2019 11:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:04, Brian Reay wrote:

Repeating the group perverts lies just shows how desperate you are.

Pop round, Ill show you the certificate. Then you can apologise.

quick phone the police steve.......

I've lost count - how many 'Reay-claimed perverts' does the group now have?

--
Spike
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:37, Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

come on cole that was a challenge .....

I don't need to prove facts, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

I gave up trying as well......

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

what with all the lies you and reay tell about me....tee hee

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2019 09:09, Spike wrote:
On 16/08/2019 11:06, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 16/08/2019 08:04, Brian Reay wrote:

Repeating the group perverts lies just shows how desperate you are.

Pop round, Ill show you the certificate. Then you can apologise.

quick phone the police steve.......

I've lost count - how many 'Reay-claimed perverts' does the group now have?

lots don't forget me as a cole claimed pervert....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 16/08/2019 08:16, charles wrote:
In article , Stephen Cole
wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

I suspect that Brian is about my age. Having a degree qualified you as a
teacher in those days. SWMBO was a teacher for 40 years on that basis.

a fiddle then no longer accepted? ...

It wasn't a fiddle; before the rise of education as an academic
discipline it was considered that the only qualification for teaching
was to know something about the subject you were teaching. Teacher
training (note use of the word training) was considered a lower
qualification than a degree, so obviously if you had a degree you didn't
need teacher training because you already knew your subject. It as only
later that education about educational methods was considered important.
Now, even in professional fields such as medicine, the education mafia
will try to stop you teaching anyone until you have some sort of
primarily educational qualification. I am not saying it is a bad thing,
but it is a real change.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Jim, Im just repeating what Ive heard from people whove met you at
rallies, Jim. Apparently, Jim, your breath smells like youve been necking
turds, Jim, so they say, Jim. Gross, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Facts prove facts, Jim, and the archives is a fact, Jim. Thanks, Jim.

--
M0TEY // STC
www.twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

Indeed.

Just around the time I qualified, it was announced that only qualified
teachers would be allowed in state schools.

The rule was applied for a few years. I cant recall the exact dates- it
must have been mid 2000s

Then it was removed, by the Tories, removal was a stupid idea in my view.

Private schools could always use unqualified teachers.

It wasnt uncommon for those who, having achieved QTS ( the actual teaching
qualification- not a PGCE as many think, a PGCE is just one route to QTS,
there are / were others, including BEd, GTP, for example) failed to
complete their NQT year successfully. They wouldnt be allowed to teach in
a state school, even as unqualified teachers, but they could still teach in
a private school. AFAIK, this is still the case.

You still have to achieve QTS by a recognised route and your NQT year for
be fully qualified. One of my son in laws is just starting his NQT year.

You cant even start training without a good degree. Im not sure when that
requirement came in, before I qualified certainly.

There are various schemes to, for example, €˜convert overseas trained
teachers. We had a very good Australian teacher who had to go through a
process, even though they had many years of experience etc. All a bit €˜box
ticking in their case. I expect it is similar in medicine.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

only one person has met me at an english rally.......brian said he was there
but he wasn't.......

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

must be why we had a load of dross apart from Mr McHarg who was my
inspirational applied mechanics teacher in third year...he saved me

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

and your facts are all lies....

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

yip all your lies about me....tee hee
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 07:19:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/08/2019 09:14, Spike wrote:
On 15/08/2019 11:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site

Deadline for exam applications for the current syllabus

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Radio...m_medium=email

We would like to remind everyone that the cut-off date for
applications
for the current syllabus is this Friday, 16 August. Once booked,
candidates will have three months after the date of their exam to do
resits under the current syllabus if necessary. Due to the standard
process of giving two weeks’ notice for examinations, []

this must be a new meaning of the word exam hitherto unheard of

Apparently, the 'exams are easier these days' policy us due to vibrant,
diverse multiculturalism and the perceived need to boost figures for
minorities - at least that's what I think the chap said on the BBC last
night, although he may not have put it in quite those terms - I was only
half-listening at the time as the BBC isn't worth one's full attention
as the propaganda is very easy to spot.

I passed my Maths A-level with a modest grade that these days would
result in the award of an A-star. How times have changed...

I got a higher C grade here in the near of Scotland in 1969.... I have
forgotten all my maths ...even reinforced concrete design which had a
lot of maths in it.....just something I could do at the time but has
completely gone now.....

I was in the top set for maths for the first three years at grammar school
but lost interest when we started doing complicated algebra by the fourth
year that I couldn’t quickly understand, so the teacher lost her rag with
me and moved me to the bottom set, which limited my GCSE grade to a
maximum
of a B no matter what score I got. I ended up pretty much answering
everything in the exam correctly so should have got an A* by rights but
got
a B instead; **** it, tho, not one person has ever asked to see my exam
certificates, which has pretty much reinforced the belief I always had
when
I was at school that GCSEs were beyond pointless.

Mine did see me not need to pay any uni fees.

ROTFWL

Wonder why?

Answers on a postcard

AB