Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp ESQ [IRL] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp ESQ [IRL] is offline

Default [RSGB] Deadline for exam applications for the current syllabus

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 07:19:09 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Stephen Cole" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 15/08/2019 09:14, Spike wrote:
On 15/08/2019 11:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site

Deadline for exam applications for the current syllabus

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Radio...m_medium=email

We would like to remind everyone that the cut-off date for
applications
for the current syllabus is this Friday, 16 August. Once booked,
candidates will have three months after the date of their exam to do
resits under the current syllabus if necessary. Due to the standard
process of giving two weeks’ notice for examinations, []

this must be a new meaning of the word exam hitherto unheard of

Apparently, the 'exams are easier these days' policy us due to vibrant,
diverse multiculturalism and the perceived need to boost figures for
minorities - at least that's what I think the chap said on the BBC last
night, although he may not have put it in quite those terms - I was only
half-listening at the time as the BBC isn't worth one's full attention
as the propaganda is very easy to spot.

I passed my Maths A-level with a modest grade that these days would
result in the award of an A-star. How times have changed...

I got a higher C grade here in the near of Scotland in 1969.... I have
forgotten all my maths ...even reinforced concrete design which had a
lot of maths in it.....just something I could do at the time but has
completely gone now.....

I was in the top set for maths for the first three years at grammar school
but lost interest when we started doing complicated algebra by the fourth
year that I couldn’t quickly understand, so the teacher lost her rag with
me and moved me to the bottom set, which limited my GCSE grade to a
maximum
of a B no matter what score I got. I ended up pretty much answering
everything in the exam correctly so should have got an A* by rights but
got
a B instead; **** it, tho, not one person has ever asked to see my exam
certificates, which has pretty much reinforced the belief I always had
when
I was at school that GCSEs were beyond pointless.

Mine did see me not need to pay any uni fees.

ROTFWL

Wonder why?

Answers on a postcard

AB