Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Puzzle of plastic

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 20:04:44 +0000, soup
wrote:

On 03/03/2019 19:27, Clive Arthur wrote:

But it's an interesting point. Why would something have no taste? Water
is not inert, even Speed 10 water (the purest water, triple distilled
from the finest vacuous bull****). It will still affect your taste
buds.

Affecting your tastebuds is not the same as tasting of something.

The jury is still out but the current pet theory is that water will
'reset' the taste buds, so later in that sip of water it tastes quite
bitter (it is fairly neutral in taste but because it has the effect of
washing away previous tastes it resets the taste buds so the sour(ish)
ones fire as much as the others, but poisons being sourish the sour
tastebuds are considered {by the brain} as more important so more heed
is paid to them than the sweet ones).
Hence something 'cleansing' being considered sour(ish)

On the wall of the phys.chem lab at uni, there was a very elaborate
glass still system. The condensate from the first conventional
distillation was fed into a second still containing a little potassium
permanganate. The condensate from this still went into a third still
containing a little potassium dichromate. The product from that was
'triple distilled water'. Quite why the need for permanganate or
dichromate, I'm not sure - something to do with oxidising traces of
volatile organics that were carried over from the first distillation,
I believe.

I have no idea what the triple distilled water tasted like

I do because I tried it. No taste.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 19:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur

snip

But it's an interesting point.Â* Why would something have no taste?

Because it doesn't activate any taste bud.

With respect 'activating taste buds' is simplified GCSE biology stuff.

Assuming you're not eating or drinking now, what do you taste? How does
that change when you take a sip of water? Is that because your taste
buds sense something different?

There is no zero, no non-taste.

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 06:49:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH usual senile troll****

Do you REALLY believe you will get away with your sick trolling here, my
senile punching bag! Well, I promise you, you WON'T! Are you ready for
another round of severe bitchslapping, you 85-year-old senile Ozzie pest?

LMAO

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 08:19:13 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I have no idea what the triple distilled water tasted like

I do because I tried it. No taste.

Wanna bet that it tasted like water, you senile idiot?

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 08:11:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I don¢t get any effect like that

That doesn't count as you are a KNOWN auto-contradicting psychopathic senile
idiot, Rot!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 07:24:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Many water filter manufacturers call their filtered output as ultra pure,
that is not the same as 'ultrapure' water in a medical context.

And it¢s the ultra pure water in the chemical sense that I have tasted.

Of COURSE you did, you senile auto-contradicting psychopathic swine! VBG

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 08:14:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Unfortunately Wodney is getting confused with many drinking water filter
companies who market their water as being "ultra pure" (usually two
words), which of course it isn't.

Wrong, as always. I was using the term in the chemical sense.

LOL! Senile idiot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 22:37, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur
wrote:

On 03/03/2019 19:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur

snip

But it's an interesting point.Â* Why would something have no taste?

Because it doesn't activate any taste bud.

With respect 'activating taste buds' is simplified GCSE biology stuff.

Assuming you're not eating or drinking now, what do you taste?Â* How
does that change when you take a sip of water?Â* Is that because your
taste buds sense something different?

There is no zero, no non-taste.

So tell me, which of these five taste groups does water belong to? And
by water I mean water, not any impurities that may be in it).

Salty, sour, bitter, sweet and umami.

Useful approximations. It tastes like water. Not like air or perhaps
some inert gas. Put some in you mouth and you'd know it was water[1],
because that's what water tastes like. What do you taste at the moment?
Saliva? And that tastes different to water, you can taste the difference.

It's not like sound, where you can to a large extent remove it and say
there's nearly none, or light where you can be in the dark see only
'noise' on your retina/brain. You're always tasting.

[1] or northern beer.

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Max Demian wrote:
On 03/03/2019 13:50, Tim Watts wrote:
On 02/03/2019 23:21, Max Demian wrote:

Soft drinks are a different product. Water is water.

Sodastream in the 80s were able to resell genuine concentrates from
one of the cola companies and a good range of Schwepps.

Yes, I used to have a SodaStream until it broke. Very useful, but
probably a lot more expensive than shop brand soda nowadays. (ASDA
lemonade 35p for 2l; ASDA cola, 6x330ml cans, £1.50.) The SodaStream
does avoid the need to cart lots of water home, though.

If you are of a DIY mind you can fill the cylinder by unscrewing the
valve and fill with dry ice to the same weight as CO2 contents and screw
the valve back in, It will then sublimate to liquid gas
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 23:24, Clive Arthur wrote:
Useful approximations.Â* It tastes like water.Â* Not like air or perhaps
some inert gas.Â* Put some in you mouth and you'd know it was water[1],
because that's what water tastes like.Â* What do you taste at the moment?
Â*Saliva?Â* And that tastes different to water, you can taste the
difference.

It's not like sound, where you can to a large extent remove it and say
there's nearly none, or light where you can be in the dark see only
'noise' on your retina/brain.Â* You're always tasting.

You can smell water.

Miles off. In hot dry places anyway.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:

If you are of a DIY mind you can fill the cylinder by unscrewing the
valve and fill with dry ice to the same weight as CO2 contents and screw
the valve back in, It will then sublimate to liquid gas

Friend of mine has a houseful of tqt. He once got hold of an old
Sodastream, connected it up to a large CO2 cylinder he also
happened to have, and proceeded to gas up 2 litre bottles of tap
water, even cheaper than supermarket value fizzy water.

I think he wanted to try oxygen, but the insolubility was a bit
of a problem ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 08:20, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Friend of mine has a houseful of tqt.

???

TQT
Acronym Definition
TQT Thorough QT (Studies; heart muscle repolarization test)
TQT Total Quality Transformation (quality initiative training system)
TQT Total Quality Training
TQT Task Qualification Training
TQT Tobacco Quota Trader (website; Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada)
TQT Twenty Questions Test (cognitive behavior)

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 08:20, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Friend of mine has a houseful of tqt.

???

Clearly a typo for tat.

TQT
Acronym Definition
TQT Thorough QT (Studies; heart muscle repolarization test)
TQT Total Quality Transformation (quality initiative training system)
TQT Total Quality Training
TQT Task Qualification Training
TQT Tobacco Quota Trader (website; Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada)
TQT Twenty Questions Test (cognitive behavior)

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2019 19:39, tabbypurr wrote:

Soft drinks are a different product. Water is water.

Sodastream in the 80s were able to resell genuine concentrates from one
of the cola companies and a good range of Schwepps.

Bearing in mind the concentrates often exist anyway for a) pub
dispensers; b) transporting from the factory to the bottling plant (that
may not be owned by the company).

Not licensing them is just bloody minded and I assume that's the reason
because why would you sell "generic" cola for Sodastream if you could
(and did) sell the genuine article.

It was one of those things that made perfect sense.

That'll be why no-one has sodastream then. Ss was never more than a minority product.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 20:04, soup wrote:

The jury is still out but the current pet theory is that water will
'reset' the taste buds, so later in that sip of water it tastes quite
bitter (it is fairly neutral in taste but because it has the effect of
washing away previous tastes it resets the taste buds so the sour(ish)
ones fire as much as the others, but poisons being sourish the sour
tastebuds are considered {by the brain} as more important so more heed
is paid to them than the sweet ones).
Â*Hence something 'cleansing' being considered sour(ish)

I wasn't considering the "own brands" but the brand cases.

In the 80s, we had a food-trolley in the corner with the sodastream,
about 6 concentrates with pumps on the top and a selection of glass
bottles. I think those plus the gas lasted a good 2-3 months. And we
drank a lot of product.

It's a good environmentally solid idea and makes more sense that nobbing
about taxing bags.

--
Email does not work

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 20:13:45 +1100, 2987fr, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

On 04/03/2019 08:20, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Friend of mine has a houseful of tqt.

???

Clearly a typo for tat.

Clearly you ARE a pathological psychopathic smartass, senile Rot! tsk

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

2987fr wrote:

On 04/03/2019 08:20, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Friend of mine has a houseful of tqt.

???

Clearly a typo for tat.

No, the standard uk.rec.sheds term for Top Quality Tat.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 03/03/2019 19:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur

snip

But it's an interesting point.Â* Why would something have no taste?

Because it doesn't activate any taste bud.

With respect 'activating taste buds' is simplified GCSE biology stuff.

Assuming you're not eating or drinking now, what do you taste?Â* How
does that change when you take a sip of water?Â* Is that because your
taste buds sense something different?

There is no zero, no non-taste.

So tell me, which of these five taste groups does water belong to? And
by water I mean water, not any impurities that may be in it).

Salty, sour, bitter, sweet and umami.

Which do batteries taste of?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 02/03/2019 18:22, newshound wrote:
On 02/03/2019 18:12, Tim Streater wrote:

Glass is heavier than plastic, but I suppose someone might develop
lighter weight tougher glass.

They already did, the small thin bottles used for continental style
beer in supermarkets being an example.

OK. That still leaves the weight issue, although I'd be in favour of
banning plastic bottles either way.

Cheaper, lighter, safer. The problem is not the bottles, it is the
people who don't take care disposing of them.

Banning the sale of bottled water would be a good way to save some of
the environment.
It really isn't needed.

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 03/03/2019 19:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur

snip

But it's an interesting point.Â* Why would something have no taste?

Because it doesn't activate any taste bud.

With respect 'activating taste buds' is simplified GCSE biology stuff.

Assuming you're not eating or drinking now, what do you taste?Â* How
does that change when you take a sip of water?Â* Is that because your
taste buds sense something different?

There is no zero, no non-taste.

So tell me, which of these five taste groups does water belong to? And
by water I mean water, not any impurities that may be in it).

Salty, sour, bitter, sweet and umami.

Which do batteries taste of?

Does it depend on which end you lick ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 15:59, Nightjar wrote:
On 02/03/2019 18:11, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 02/03/2019 17:14, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 02/03/2019 16:34, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 14:48:02 UTC, BroadbackÂ* wrote:
When I was a young man, a long time ago, bottles were glass and
bags
were paper. Why cant the supermarkets revert to those? Bottles were
returned and paper used to light our fires. Then we moved to gas
(mainly) central heating, Now that is a no no. Incidentally what
will
happen to the businesses that primarily sell gas appliances?
Will they
be compensated?

Domestic gas is to be banned in a few years.

If you call 30 years a few. Even so, biogas is being considered as
an acceptable alternative, so it might be more akin to the
changeover from town gas to natural gas than a complete end to gas
as a fuel.

What's so magic about biogas? How does it differ from methane?

It is renewable, uses no energy to produce it, reduces soil and
water pollution (as compared to landfill), has organic fertiliser as
a by-product and the production cycle captures methane, resulting in
a zero-emissions fuel.

Thanks for not answering my question which was, how does it differ from
methane. Are you implying that it doesn't?

If you were trying to describe how it's produced, you've not done that
either.

I did answer your question. I gave the differences that make biogas a
suitable alternative to fossil fuel gas. Those are the only relevant
differences that would affect its choice as a substitute.

However, its similarity to natural gas, in being a good source of
methane, would also make it a better choice than, say hydrogen. On
average, biogas contains slightly less methane than natural gas;
55-70% cf 60-90%. However, the gas that reaches the consumer today has
been processed to be almost pure methane and, if that can also be done
with biogas, it could result in a seamless changeover.

As usual you have simp0ly not done the sums.

The total land area of Great Britain is 209,331 km^2

The average outout of a field of best practice biomass growth in terms
of unprocessed biomass is 0.2W/sq m opr 0.2MW/sq km

So if the *whole of great britain* were laid down to biofuel - assuming
it could be grown in the scottish highlands etc -Â* would be around 40GW.

Convert that into gas and you wouldnt get anywhere near that.

The TOTAL energy consumption of the UK averages out at 256GW give or take.

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SUNLIGHT FALLING ON THE ENTIRE UK TO GROW ENOUGH
BIOMASS TO REPLACE NMATUYRAL GAS AND FOSSIL FUELS BY A FACTOR of 6:1

BIOMASS is ten times less efficent than windmills, which are 50 times
less efficient than solar panels, in terms of ouput per unit land area,
and the only virtue is that they represent stored energy.

Why dont you go away and do some basic research before spouting your
mindless fact free fourth hand 'opinions'

You could do worse than to follow your own advice and understand what
you are commenting on before going into a full scale rant. The
government study I was referring to was about how biogas from the
digestion of organic waste could form part of the country's future
energy policy. There was nothing about growing crops to produce it and
certainly no intention of using it to replace our entire energy needs.

The motivation behind the study was the reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions. As organic waste in landfill is a significant source of those
emissions, the study looked at other long term answers. Anaerobic
digestion was considered the best option, as it produces both methane
and fertiliser. Using the methane as a substitute for natural gas is
only one option considered, others being to use it to generate
electricity or as a chemical feedstock.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:29:42 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Which do batteries taste of?

Does it depend on which end you lick ?

I purchased some packs of PP3 batteries from CPC at the weekend.

They came in:

- outer shrink wrap
- cardboard sleeve
- rigid plastic two-piece case
- and another layer of shrink wrap round the batteries

As these weren't intended for retail sale I don't know why one cardboard sleeve wouldn't suffice.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 11:24:57 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/03/2019 22:37, Tim Streater wrote:

Salty, sour, bitter, sweet and umami.

Which do batteries taste of?

they're re-volting

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 09:54:23 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:29:42 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Which do batteries taste of?

Does it depend on which end you lick ?

I purchased some packs of PP3 batteries from CPC at the weekend.

They came in:

- outer shrink wrap - cardboard sleeve - rigid plastic two-piece case -
and another layer of shrink wrap round the batteries

As these weren't intended for retail sale I don't know why one cardboard
sleeve wouldn't suffice.

What brand? I buy the Duracell Industrial from CPC and they just come in
a cardboard box. That's it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 19:36:34 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
What brand? I buy the Duracell Industrial from CPC and they just come in
a cardboard box. That's it.

GP Ultra Alkaline 9V PP3 Batteries 4 Pack - GPPVA9VAU050

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:38:06 -0800, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Monday, 4 March 2019 19:36:34 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
What brand? I buy the Duracell Industrial from CPC and they just come
in a cardboard box. That's it.

GP Ultra Alkaline 9V PP3 Batteries 4 Pack - GPPVA9VAU050

Ah, I'm getting the 10 packs in the Duracells. Six smoke alarms to change
batteries for, in this case.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 17:05, Nightjar wrote:
The motivation behind the study was the reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions. As organic waste in landfill is a significant source of those
emissions, the study looked at other long term answers. Anaerobic
digestion was considered the best option, as it produces both methane
and fertiliser. *Using the methane as a substitute for natural gas is
only one option considered, others being to use it to generate
electricity or as a chemical feedstock*.

Where it will. when burnt, generate exactly the same amount of
emissions ( or more).

I cant work out whether you are a trol or just really really thick.

--
"Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They
always run out of other people's money. It's quite a characteristic of them"

Margaret Thatcher
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 17:05, Nightjar wrote:
The motivation behind the study was the reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions. As organic waste in landfill is a significant source of
those emissions, the study looked at other long term answers.
Anaerobic digestion was considered the best option, as it produces
both methane and fertiliser. *Using the methane as a substitute for
natural gas is only one option considered, others being to use it to
generate electricity or as a chemical feedstock*.

Where it will. when burnt,Â* generate exactly the same amount of
emissions ( or more).

I cant work out whether you are a trol or just really really thick.

The only thick person around here is the **** who believes methane and
CO2 have identical greenhouse gas characteristics.

Also burning biogas means that the corresponding amount of natural isn't
burnt.

I cant work out whether you are a troll or just really really thick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:38:36 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

Not for me they aren't.
To survive you just need bread and water, but to live you need beer. :-D

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 4 March 2019 20:38:08 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 19:36:34 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
What brand? I buy the Duracell Industrial from CPC and they just come in
a cardboard box. That's it.

GP Ultra Alkaline 9V PP3 Batteries 4 Pack - GPPVA9VAU050

Owain

I buy the GP supers for the students, in boxes of 10 a flimsy cardboard box and a sticky tape bridge accross the terminals.

https://www.rapidonline.com/gp-gppva...attery-18-0200

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2019 08:16, Fredxx wrote:
On 04/03/2019 17:05, Nightjar wrote:
The motivation behind the study was the reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions. As organic waste in landfill is a significant source of
those emissions, the study looked at other long term answers.
Anaerobic digestion was considered the best option, as it produces
both methane and fertiliser. *Using the methane as a substitute for
natural gas is only one option considered, others being to use it to
generate electricity or as a chemical feedstock*.

Where it will. when burnt,Â* generate exactly the same amount of
emissions ( or more).

I cant work out whether you are a trol or just really really thick.

The only thick person around here is the **** who believes methane and
CO2 have identical greenhouse gas characteristics.

The only thick person around here is the **** who believes that methane
hangs around in te atmosphere without rapidly getting oxidised.

To CO2.

Also burning biogas means that the corresponding amount of natural isn't
burnt.

So what? at the end of the day the emissions are te same no matter where
they come from

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2019 10:49, whisky-dave wrote:

To survive you just need bread and water,

Apparently that is a really bad diet . Part of the reason it was used
as a punishment in Jail(Gaol) and the Navy is as well as keeping you
alive but constantly hungry (opinions differ whether this was from
boredom or actually trying NOT to eat lots of bread) it severely 'bungs
you up' but you get the feeling of needing a poo. Cue lots of trying to
go to the toilet and nothing happening, but painful cramps

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:49:05 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:38:36 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

Not for me they aren't.
To survive you just need bread and water, but to live you need beer. :-D

I already realised you were confused.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:34:04 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:49:05 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:38:36 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

Not for me they aren't.
To survive you just need bread and water, but to live you need beer. :-D

I already realised you were confused.

Why don't you look up what the 2 words actually mean they don't mean the same thing, even if you think they do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 14:23:25 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:34:04 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:49:05 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:38:36 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

Not for me they aren't.
To survive you just need bread and water, but to live you need beer. :-D

I already realised you were confused.

Why don't you look up what the 2 words actually mean they don't mean the same thing, even if you think they do.

why would I waste my time?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 19:51:04 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 14:23:25 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:34:04 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 10:49:05 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 18:38:36 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Monday, 4 March 2019 12:22:28 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.

I think you'll find those are the same thing.

Not for me they aren't.
To survive you just need bread and water, but to live you need beer. :-D

I already realised you were confused.

Why don't you look up what the 2 words actually mean they don't mean the same thing, even if you think they do.

why would I waste my time?

Perhaps you think educating yourself is a waste of time, then perhaps maybe you're right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 11:57:13 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 19:51:04 UTC, tabby wrote:
[...]

no, I think talking with a dunce a waste of time. Bye.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 12:23:31 UTC, wrote:
[...]

But talking to yourself isn't ?