Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Puzzle of plastic

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 21:48:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 02/03/2019 18:22, newshound wrote:
On 02/03/2019 18:12, Tim Streater wrote:

Glass is heavier than plastic, but I suppose someone might develop
lighter weight tougher glass.

They already did, the small thin bottles used for continental style
beer in supermarkets being an example.

OK. That still leaves the weight issue, although I'd be in favour of
banning plastic bottles either way.

Cheaper, lighter, safer. The problem is not the bottles, it is the
people who don't take care disposing of them.

Banning the sale of bottled water would be a good way to save some of
the environment.
It really isn't needed.

Banning TV would save more, think of the electricity that would be
saved. Lots of things could be banned that we don't need to survive.

There's a big differnce between surviving and living.