Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Today at school we built an aeroplane

Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of term

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of term

Quite.

My wife's junior school class built a model big enough for a child to
sit in! They had lots of help from apprentices at what was then Hawker
aviation at Hatfield.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of
term

But a tad more downsides if someone has ****ed up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/03/2019 16:28, wrote:
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of term

Brilliant!

Mind you, I remember in the sixties, a chap (it nearly always was a
chap) would go into his shed with a few bits of spruce, some plywood and
some aerolite glue, nick the engine out of a VW Beetle and finish up
with one of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5hvzbr4

I used to go and watch the Tiger Club at play with them when they used
to fly out of Fairoaks Aerodrome.

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but who gets to fly it?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of
term

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I believe the Schools around Guildford University build parts fro satellites
and get them launched. These are the cubesats we hear about, Short lived but
interesting extra payloads riding on commercial launches.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message ,
writes
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of
term

Quite.

My wife's junior school class built a model big enough for a child to sit
in! They had lots of help from apprentices at what was then Hawker
aviation at Hatfield.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There were some talented people at my old school in the 60s. One young chap
built a Violin. I was not paying attention at the time, but it looked good
at the end, maybe it was a kit or something.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On 01/03/2019 16:28,
wrote:
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end
of term

Brilliant!

Mind you, I remember in the sixties, a chap (it nearly always was a chap)
would go into his shed with a few bits of spruce, some plywood and some
aerolite glue, nick the engine out of a VW Beetle and finish up with one
of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5hvzbr4

I used to go and watch the Tiger Club at play with them when they used to
fly out of Fairoaks Aerodrome.

Nick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 13:08:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH more troll****

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
There were some talented people at my old school in the 60s. One young chap
built a Violin. I was not paying attention at the time, but it looked good
at the end, maybe it was a kit or something.

Huh! My fiddle playing cousin makes them. More of a lifestyle than a
hobby as selecting each piece of wood seems to take months.
My involvement is providing the deep throat bandsaw needed for splitting
the soundboard. The angle of cut needed to produce two exactly matched
paired bits of wood apparently requires weeks of agonised consideration!

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 02:09:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

But a tad more downsides if someone has ****ed up.

I would have thought such projects would be popular in Aus - lots of space to fly in, and a robust attitude to health-n-safety.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 09:16:17 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes but who gets to fly it?

I bet this is one project that Sir lets the kids try first time

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 09:18:51 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I believe the Schools around Guildford University build parts fro satellites
and get them launched.

I hope they do a pupil headcount before pressing the red button or that could be a really awkward phonecall to explain why little Tarquin is going to be late home from school

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

But a tad more downsides if someone has ****ed up.

I would have thought such projects would be popular in Aus

Never noticed any school going that route.

- lots of space to fly in,

Most of our schools have no more space to fly in than your schools.

and a robust attitude to health-n-safety.

Not with home made aircraft.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 00:01:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

00:1 am in Australia, Australian asshole? Are you about to go to bed or did
you GET UP already, you abnormal sleepless senile troll? I guess this is a
new record for you. Usually you "sleep in" until between 01:00 and 04:00 am!
LOL

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 00:04 am in Australia! ...and the Obnoxious Senile Ozzie Pest is out of Bed already and TROLLING again! LMAO

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 00:04:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

00:04 am in Australia, and you are up and trolling already? This must be a
new record for you, you abnormal senile sleepless Ozzie pest! tsk

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 23:56:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Most of our schools have no more space to fly in than your schools.

Let's just hope that they also don't have more psychopaths of your kind,
senile Rot.

BTW, 23:56 in Australia? Are you about to go to bed ...or did you GET UP
already to continue with your usual insipid trolling, you obnoxious senile
pest?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: