Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Today at school we built an aeroplane

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
There were some talented people at my old school in the 60s. One young chap
built a Violin. I was not paying attention at the time, but it looked good
at the end, maybe it was a kit or something.

Huh! My fiddle playing cousin makes them. More of a lifestyle than a
hobby as selecting each piece of wood seems to take months.
My involvement is providing the deep throat bandsaw needed for splitting
the soundboard. The angle of cut needed to produce two exactly matched
paired bits of wood apparently requires weeks of agonised consideration!

--
Tim Lamb