Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Today at school we built an aeroplane

There were some talented people at my old school in the 60s. One young chap
built a Violin. I was not paying attention at the time, but it looked good
at the end, maybe it was a kit or something.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On 01/03/2019 16:28,
wrote:
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end
of term

Brilliant!

Mind you, I remember in the sixties, a chap (it nearly always was a chap)
would go into his shed with a few bits of spruce, some plywood and some
aerolite glue, nick the engine out of a VW Beetle and finish up with one
of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5hvzbr4

I used to go and watch the Tiger Club at play with them when they used to
fly out of Fairoaks Aerodrome.

Nick