Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Today at school we built an aeroplane

On 01/03/2019 16:28, wrote:
Kit of parts from Slovakia for £62,000 and just under a year to build

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...ntral-47415760

http://www.aerospacekinross.com/kinr...build-a-plane/

Certainly beats the plantpot stand I took home from woodwork at the end of term

Brilliant!

Mind you, I remember in the sixties, a chap (it nearly always was a
chap) would go into his shed with a few bits of spruce, some plywood and
some aerolite glue, nick the engine out of a VW Beetle and finish up
with one of these:

https://tinyurl.com/y5hvzbr4

I used to go and watch the Tiger Club at play with them when they used
to fly out of Fairoaks Aerodrome.

Nick