Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BIB tap connectors

I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Errr, I don't. However, as a semi-retired graduate engineer with
appropriate measuring equipment, I have reasonable confidence ;-)

Mmm then shurely you will also note how spooky it is that no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact
occurrence.....

I assume you know it's rather hard to prove a negative such as "no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact occurrence....."

Yet if you search for a subset of relevant keywords (like we must
assume the op already has), what do you find?

--
Jim K

... the Atoni 7/8 hoselock adapter that I mentioned earlier

Iow not a lot.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

I have no wish to search. I started off recalling that the issue of bib
taps taking 7/8" fittings had arisen before. I also started off
believing they existed: I mentioned in a post in December that there's
one where my brother has an allotment.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

What are you doing now then?

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the
outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible
size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an
adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1"
or
3/4"

So it must therefore be........?

What is buyable between them, stupid.

You assume it's been measured correctly

Nope, just notice that its bigger than 3/4" and smaller
than 1" and that 7/8" is seen as well, stupid.

The op doesn't say he's actually got any to try though does he

He must have if he has noticed it doesn't fit, ****wit.

No you illiterate retard, he says he's measured it...

Can you read? Do you even bother to read Strop?

How's that wet paper bag?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

He measured it because it didn't fit, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Maybe he measured the tap before he went to buy the adaptor dimwit
Strop?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Unlikely. He is much more likely to have tried what
he already had and found it didn't work, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

"Unlikely"? "More likely"? WTF Strop? You're supposed to KNOW all
this ****!!

Have fun in that wet paper bag for a lot longer!
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Go to bed Strop
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
news
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Bib Tap - small screw Andrew May UK diy 7 August 27th 12 06:06 PM
fixing bib tap sm_jamieson UK diy 2 April 6th 12 05:23 PM
tap-tap-tap central heating [email protected] UK diy 2 December 11th 06 01:42 PM
Fitting Bib tap - thread preparation Kevin Brady UK diy 26 August 6th 05 11:18 AM
Flext tap Connectors Rick UK diy 25 April 1st 04 10:03 PM