Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Errr, I don't. However, as a semi-retired graduate engineer with
appropriate measuring equipment, I have reasonable confidence ;-)

Mmm then shurely you will also note how spooky it is that no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact
occurrence.....

I assume you know it's rather hard to prove a negative such as "no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact occurrence....."

Yet if you search for a subset of relevant keywords (like we must
assume the op already has), what do you find?

I have no wish to search. I started off recalling that the issue of bib
taps taking 7/8" fittings had arisen before. I also started off
believing they existed: I mentioned in a post in December that there's
one where my brother has an allotment.

--
Robin