DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BIB tap connectors (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/615103-bib-tap-connectors.html)

[email protected] July 19th 18 05:36 PM

BIB tap connectors

I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

[email protected] July 19th 18 05:50 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"

[email protected] July 19th 18 06:00 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 17:50, wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

Â* istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"

I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 06:01 PM

BIB tap connectors

Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

[email protected] July 19th 18 06:18 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"

I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Errr, I don't. However, as a semi-retired graduate engineer with
appropriate measuring equipment, I have reasonable confidence ;-)

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 06:21 PM

BIB tap connectors

Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 06:41 PM

BIB tap connectors

Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Errr, I don't. However, as a semi-retired graduate engineer with
appropriate measuring equipment, I have reasonable confidence ;-)

Mmm then shurely you will also note how spooky it is that no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact
occurrence.....

How have you measured and what have you measured?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

ARW July 19th 18 07:07 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 17:36, wrote:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

I am sure that is a problem I had last year when at some sort of
Salvation Army/Folk music garden party (don't ask).

I was just stubbing out my cig out on the lawn when the owners gardener
arrived at the party and he then asked me to look at the back outside
tap. The adaptor for the hosepipe onto the outside tap was broken and he
asked me to sort it out as no new adaptors fitted.

I just swapped the outside tap for one with a normal size.

--
Adam

Robin July 19th 18 07:09 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Errr, I don't. However, as a semi-retired graduate engineer with
appropriate measuring equipment, I have reasonable confidence ;-)

Mmm then shurely you will also note how spooky it is that no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact
occurrence.....

I assume you know it's rather hard to prove a negative such as "no one
else has left a "trail of crumbs" for this exact occurrence....."

OTOH such statements only require one counterfactual so how about Fred
in 2010?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...-y/hcBjH974ROI

Or the fact that 7/8 fittings are sold - eg:

http://www.mcneilldiy.co.uk/atoni-78...ot-p-3621.html

--
Robin

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 07:41 PM

BIB tap connectors

Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Yet if you search for a subset of relevant keywords (like we must
assume the op already has), what do you find?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

[email protected] July 19th 18 07:42 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

.... the Atoni 7/8 hoselock adapter that I mentioned earlier

[email protected] July 19th 18 07:44 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 19:07, ARW wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:36, wrote:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible
size such as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an
adapter?

I am sure that is a problem I had last year when at some sort of
Salvation Army/Folk music garden party (don't ask).

I was just stubbing out my cig out on the lawn when the owners gardener
arrived at the party and he then asked me to look at the back outside
tap. The adaptor for the hosepipe onto the outside tap was broken and he
asked me to sort it out as no new adaptors fitted.

I just swapped the outside tap for one with a normal size.

Yes, I thought of swapping them for 1/2" taps (with 3/4 bushings) but
I'd quite like to keep the higher flow rate that I can get with the 3/4
taps. I'd turn-up an adapter (although it would stretch my skills) but
the lathe is still out of action after the house move.

Rod Speed July 19th 18 07:54 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"

I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1" or
3/4"

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 08:01 PM

BIB tap connectors

Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Iow not a lot.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Robin July 19th 18 08:33 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

I have no wish to search. I started off recalling that the issue of bib
taps taking 7/8" fittings had arisen before. I also started off
believing they existed: I mentioned in a post in December that there's
one where my brother has an allotment.

--
Robin

Rod Speed July 19th 18 08:39 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1" or
3/4"

So it must therefore be........?

What is buyable between them, stupid.

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 08:41 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1" or
3/4"

So it must therefore be........?

(Wet paper bags on standby...)
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Robin July 19th 18 08:44 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 19:44, wrote:
On 19/07/2018 19:07, ARW wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:36,
wrote:
[...]

I don't know of any adapters as such, only - as you've probably found -
that you can get 7/8" unions for 3/4" hoses cheaply, and also 7/8"
Geka fittings.

--
Robin

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 09:01 PM

BIB tap connectors

Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 19:34, Jim K wrote:
Robin Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:27, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 18:08, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

What are you doing now then?

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 09:21 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1" or
3/4"

So it must therefore be........?

What is buyable between them, stupid.

You assume it's been measured correctly, simpleton.
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 19th 18 09:25 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet
seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size
such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Hosepipe set?

istr just the adaptors eg hozelock on eBay /Amazon.

AFAICS they are only for 1/2", 3/4" and 1"
I forgot to add ... there's an expensive 7/8 adapter for Hoselock
(Atoni) but I would prefer to adapt to a standard thread.

How do you know you've measured it correctly?

Don't have to measure it correctly, just find it doesn't work with 1"
or
3/4"

So it must therefore be........?

What is buyable between them, stupid.

You assume it's been measured correctly

Nope, just notice that its bigger than 3/4" and smaller
than 1" and that 7/8" is seen as well, stupid.

Jim K[_3_] July 19th 18 10:21 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

The op doesn't say he's actually got any to try though does he Strop?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 19th 18 10:57 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:

He must have if he has noticed it doesn't fit, ****wit.

Jim K[_3_] July 20th 18 07:21 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

No you illiterate retard, he says he's measured it...

Can you read? Do you even bother to read Strop?

How's that wet paper bag?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 20th 18 07:55 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:

He measured it because it didn't fit, ****wit.

Jim K[_3_] July 20th 18 09:21 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Maybe he measured the tap before he went to buy the adaptor dimwit
Strop?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 20th 18 10:20 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Unlikely. He is much more likely to have tried what
he already had and found it didn't work, ****wit.

Jim K[_3_] July 20th 18 10:41 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

"Unlikely"? "More likely"? WTF Strop? You're supposed to KNOW all
this ****!!

Have fun in that wet paper bag for a lot longer!
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 20th 18 10:49 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

reams of your **** any 2 year old could leave for dead flushed where it
belongs

Jim K[_3_] July 20th 18 11:41 AM

BIB tap connectors

"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,
wrote:
On 19/07/2018 17:45, Jim K wrote:
Wrote in message:
[...]

Go to bed Strop
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Rod Speed July 20th 18 05:12 PM

BIB tap connectors

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Rod Speed" Wrote in message:

"Jim K" wrote in message
o.uk...
Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:50,

[email protected] July 20th 18 07:53 PM

BIB tap connectors

On 19/07/2018 17:36, wrote:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Not an answer to my question but today I happened to notice that a TRV
head has the same (7/8") thread.

Jim K[_3_] July 20th 18 08:21 PM

BIB tap connectors

Wrote in message:
On 19/07/2018 17:36,
wrote:
I've fitted a couple of 3/4" BIB taps but the thread on the outlet seems
to be 7/8" BSP and I can't find an adaptor to a more sensible size such
as 1/2", 3/4" or 1". Any suggestions on where to find an adapter?

Not an answer to my question but today I happened to notice that a TRV
head has the same (7/8") thread.

Reducing bush?
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----