Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

On 15/12/17 03:41, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/12/2017 08:23, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/12/2017 03:16, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/12/2017 23:20, dennis@home wrote:

There is no chance harry will learn anything by doing that.
He will ignore any evidence and still blame the immigrants.
Like most racists he doesn't have the intelligence to understand.

It is intellectually dishonest to shout 'waaaaysist' when anyone
expresses concern over immigration.

Bill

Not in many cases, some aren't as concerned by the number of
immigrants but by where they come from, that makes them racists.

No-one is concerned about where they come from. The concern is about
their cultural values and their sheer numbers. Not all cultures are
equal. Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad
for society.

Its worse than that. importing people who have no understaing of a post
industrial society, but want to take advaqntage of it will in the end
destroy that post induistrial society until it becomes somethimg that
they do understand

And that isnt just immigrants, thats the vast swathe of the Left,
overschooled to flatter their undeducated ignorance.

Would you trust Coirbyn to actually do any job a 'Labour-er' might
undertake?

Even Plow**** has more prcatical skills.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2017 12:51, Roger Hayter wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

On 13/12/2017 23:20, dennis@home wrote:

There is no chance harry will learn anything by doing that.
He will ignore any evidence and still blame the immigrants.
Like most racists he doesn't have the intelligence to understand.

It is intellectually dishonest to shout 'waaaaysist' when anyone
expresses concern over immigration.

Bill

I entirely agree. OTOH, when a known racist expresses concern over
immigration it is reasonable to point out the potential conflict of
interest.

Interesting that you can label someone as a known racist. Please let me
know what label you would attach to yourself.

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 05:56, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 14/12/2017 08:23, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/12/2017 03:16, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/12/2017 23:20, dennis@home wrote:

There is no chance harry will learn anything by doing that.
He will ignore any evidence and still blame the immigrants.
Like most racists he doesn't have the intelligence to understand.

It is intellectually dishonest to shout 'waaaaysist' when anyone
expresses concern over immigration.

Not in many cases, some aren't as concerned by the number of
immigrants but by where they come from, that makes them racists.

No-one is concerned about where they come from.

Some are, particularly with the Romanians.

The concern is about their cultural values and their sheer numbers.

Plenty of places like Canada and Australia and New Zealand manage fine
with much higher per capita numbers of immigrants than you lot get.

Hardly a good comparison: last time I checked both New Zealand, and in
particular Australia have very strict criteria when allowing immigrants
into their countries. We, on the other hand, have none when it comes to
EU citizens (murderers and rapists this way...).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 08:40:54 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/12/2017 03:09, Bill Wright wrote:
On 13/12/2017 20:46, Fredxx wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* harry wrote:
Just watched PMQs on the BBC.
One topic was rough sleepers & why there are so many.
No-one answered the obvious.
Immigrants.
Both sleeping rough and taking up social housing.

harry - try getting out more. Find your local charity which helps with
rough sleepers. Your council should be able to help you find one.
Talk to
them and report back. You might actually learn something for once.

Are you in denial that a housing shortage contributes to sleeping rough?

And that the housing shortage has been exacerbated by immigration?

Not immigration itself, but rising population. Infrastructure build
doesn't seem to be able to keep pace with it. Obviously net immigration
is a very big factor.

By 'infrastructure' I include services and well as buildings. Highways,
schools, hospitals, housing, social services, the lot.

This is a separate problem to the other issue surrounding immigration,
which is that some immigrants are so different to the indigenous
population culturally that they will never integrate. We will always
have two societies in one territory now, and historically that usually
leads to strife.

Bill

Two!?

You must be a member of the us and them group.

In the UK there are dozens of different societies with varying levels of
integration and there have been for hundreds of years.
The fact that you think there are only two indicates that you don't
actually live in the real world.

There's only been one lot arrived , refuse to integrate and want to kill us..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 December 2017 05:57:12 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Not all cultures are equal.

Duh.

Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad for
society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ? Bit hard to only allow atheists.

You send your terrorists to PNG at present.
Wait 'til the do-gooders insist you let them in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 December 2017 00:47:21 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
harry wrote:
There is no chance harry will learn anything by doing that.
He will ignore any evidence and still blame the immigrants.
Like most racists he doesn't have the intelligence to understand.

Well ****-fer- brains, the only reason the population is rising at all
is immigration. If the population was falling, houses would be almost
free. Even drunks would prefer to sleep indoors.

They might if it was free. You want your tax dollar paying for that, harry?
It would be a first.

Moving the goal posts as usual ****-fer-brains I see.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 05:52, Rod Speed wrote:
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

This is a separate problem to the other issue surrounding
immigration, which is that some immigrants are so different to the
indigenous population culturally that they will never integrate. We
will always have two societies in one territory now,

Always have had, for millennia, literally.

and historically that usually leads to strife.

Bull****.

Difficult to counter such a persuasive argument. However:
Arabs v Israelis in the Middle east

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Catholics v Protestants in N Ireland

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Europeans v aboriginals in Australia

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Hindis v Muslims in India/Pakistan

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Europeans v aboriginals in N America

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 05:53, Rod Speed wrote:

Exactly my point.

Nope.

Yep. Hey I'm getting used to this standard of debate! I never realised
mindless gainsaying could be so effective!

"With varying levels of integration."

Separate matter entirely to STRIFE.

In that case why is integration regarded as such a good thing?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 05:56, Rod Speed wrote:

Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad for
society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ?Â* Bit hard to only allow atheists.

I was thinking more about homophobia, the subjugation of women, female
sexual mutilation, cruel methods of animal slaughter, corporal
punishment, all that sort of thing.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers in places
where there isn't a housing shortage.

My only prejudice is you have denied a housing shortage contributes to
sleeping rough.

Pedantic as ever. You don't care a stuff about the reasons the majority
sleep rough. But just want a possible minority reason to be the important
one. For the obvious reason.

The housing shortage effects far more deserving cases than rough sleepers.
Let's get that sorted first.

--
*WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
And that isnt just immigrants, thats the vast swathe of the Left,
overschooled to flatter their undeducated ignorance.

Good ol' Turnip. Pretentious **** to the last.

Far better the likes of Boris. Educated to the point where you launch a
ship and send it staight out to sea.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
There is no chance harry will learn anything by doing that.
He will ignore any evidence and still blame the immigrants.
Like most racists he doesn't have the intelligence to understand.

Well ****-fer- brains, the only reason the population is rising at all
is immigration. If the population was falling, houses would be almost
free. Even drunks would prefer to sleep indoors.

They might if it was free. You want your tax dollar paying for that, harry?
It would be a first.

Moving the goal posts as usual ****-fer-brains I see.

True. Asking you to actually think about any problem is rather pointless.
Just stick with having your mind made up for you by the Express, etc.

--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/12/2017 05:56, Rod Speed wrote:

Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad for
society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ? Bit hard to only allow atheists.

I was thinking more about homophobia, the subjugation of women, female
sexual mutilation, cruel methods of animal slaughter, corporal
punishment, all that sort of thing.

Surely you don't want to abolish public schools?

--
*Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter since nobody listens*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/17 10:17, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/12/2017 05:56, Rod Speed wrote:

Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad for
society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ?Â* Bit hard to only allow atheists.

I was thinking more about homophobia, the subjugation of women, female
sexual mutilation, cruel methods of animal slaughter, corporal
punishment, all that sort of thing.

Is that Corbyns new manifesto?

Bill

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

Are you in denial that a housing shortage contributes to sleeping rough?

I'm not in denial, no. But you obviously are. I'll give you the same
advice as I gave harry. Find out why many people sleep rough yourself. It
would be quite an eye opener for the likes of you.

That's a classic Dave reply. Deliberately missing the point. You should
have worked your way up the union Dave and become a Labour MP.

I'll say the same to you, then. Find out the reasons why people sleep
rough.

There are many reasons but should the number of rough sleepers be increasing like it is.

The likes of Fred isn't interested in actual reasons. He just wants to
score points for his particular prejudices.

What are you saying the resons are ?

And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers in places where
there isn't a housing shortage.

Can you prove that ?
Check out westminster it has one of the highest number of homeless and the largest housing shortage, there's about 800 people that have been on their housing list for 10 years or more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
The likes of Fred isn't interested in actual reasons. He just wants to
score points for his particular prejudices.

What are you saying the resons are ?

I'm saying those ****s who pontificate on here should find out for
themselves. By talking to those involved with rough sleepers in their area.

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers in places
where
there isn't a housing shortage.

Can you prove that ? Check out westminster it has one of the highest
number of homeless and the largest housing shortage, there's about 800
people that have been on their housing list for 10 years or more.

Being on a housing list doesn't make you a rough sleeper.

Most of those on a waiting list who do eventually get some form of social
housing then act responsibly - like making sure the rent is paid etc -
even if it does come from universal credit etc.

Many rough sleepers simply ain't up to the responsibility of looking after
their own affairs.

--
*If I worked as much as others, I would do as little as they *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 December 2017 13:18:49 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers in places
where
there isn't a housing shortage.

Can you prove that ? Check out westminster it has one of the highest
number of homeless and the largest housing shortage, there's about 800
people that have been on their housing list for 10 years or more.

Being on a housing list doesn't make you a rough sleeper.

No it doesn't, and crashing on a friends sofa for day arfter day doesn't mean you are homeless, and living in a shelter doesn't make you homeless.
Being in hostal doesn't make you homeless.

You;re only considers homeless if someone sees you in the street sleeping rough, if a person is walking the streets they aren't counted as rough sleepers or homeless either.
If you're living in a squat you aren't classed as homeless either.

Most of those on a waiting list who do eventually get some form of social
housing then act responsibly

What of the ~800 that have been on westminster's homeless that have been on the list for a decade or more. ?

- like making sure the rent is paid etc -
even if it does come from universal credit etc.

Difficult to make sure the rent is paid if you lose your job and it takes the weeks to apply for housing credit.

Many rough sleepers simply ain't up to the responsibility of looking after
their own affairs.

Yes I know but they are still homeless if they are rough sleepers, most do have problems that they can't solve, for a start they can't get a job without a home address.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 10:13, Bill Wright wrote:

Yep. Hey I'm getting used to this standard of debate! I never realised
mindless gainsaying could be so effective!

It can't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 09:01, harry wrote:
There's only been one lot arrived , refuse to integrate and want to kill us.

That will be the Normans then.
Or the Danes (Vikings), nope it's the
Jutes or was it the ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 December 2017 16:41:33 UTC, soup wrote:
On 15/12/2017 09:01, harry wrote:
There's only been one lot arrived , refuse to integrate and want to kill us.

That will be the Normans then.
Or the Danes (Vikings), nope it's the
Jutes or was it the ...

No it was the Beaker people, bringing their beakers over here trying to get us to drink from beakers rather than just use our hands. . !

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/res...-parkerpearson

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/17 10:17, Bill Wright wrote:
On 15/12/2017 05:56, Rod Speed wrote:

Importing vast numbers who subscribe to medieval values is bad for
society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ?Â* Bit hard to only allow atheists.

I was thinking more about homophobia, the subjugation of women, female
sexual mutilation, cruel methods of animal slaughter, corporal
punishment, all that sort of thing.

Is that Corbyns new manifesto?

Tell me who your friends are...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/12/2017 22:23, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 21:24:43 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

I assume they brought all they eat and drink with them then? Or ever
use public transport or any other facility that costs money and create
profit / jobs are associated with?

They don't use public transport around here. They drive it for a living.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

New Zealand doesnt with islanders. And Canada
doesnt with anyone. Australia doesnt with 'refugees'
and let hordes of Irish show up after their system
imploded spectacularly in the 2007 crash.

We, on the other hand, have none when it comes to EU citizens (murderers
and rapists this way...).

In fact **** all murderers and rapists bother to show up on that
soggy little frigid island. Cant imagine why for the life of me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
[...]

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage with
all of the Romans, Vikings, Normans, Anglo Saxons etc etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Nope, those were sent there years ago now, by the previous govt.

Wait 'til the do-gooders insist you let them in.

They have got told to go and **** themselves on that by both govts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Â*Â*Â* harry wrote:
Just watched PMQs on the BBC.
One topic was rough sleepers & why there are so many.
No-one answered the obvious.
Immigrants.
Both sleeping rough and taking up social housing.

harry - try getting out more. Find your local charity which helps with
rough sleepers. Your council should be able to help you find one.
Talk to
them and report back. You might actually learn something for once.

Are you in denial that a housing shortage contributes to sleeping rough?

And that the housing shortage has been exacerbated by immigration?

Not immigration itself, but rising population. Infrastructure build
doesn't seem to be able to keep pace with it. Obviously net immigration
is a very big factor.

The figures show that the rising population is entirely due to
immigration. Net immigration is adding to the population and so is birth
rate, but non-immigrants (and those whose family immigrated a few
generations ago) have a below replacement value birth rate, while newer
immigrants have a much higher rate. Without immigration, our population
would begin to fall.

By 'infrastructure' I include services and well as buildings. Highways,
schools, hospitals, housing, social services, the lot.

Not only is there the cost of it, but where does it go? Here, we are
already having green belt developed for housing, as there is not enough
spare non-greenbelt land. That is before any additional infrastructure
is added.

This is a separate problem to the other issue surrounding immigration,
which is that some immigrants are so different to the indigenous
population culturally that they will never integrate. We will always
have two societies in one territory now, and historically that usually
leads to strife.

Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist. My
concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't fit
in at all.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2017 16:54, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 15 December 2017 16:41:33 UTC, soup wrote:
On 15/12/2017 09:01, harry wrote:
There's only been one lot arrived , refuse to integrate and want to kill us.

That will be the Normans then.
Or the Danes (Vikings), nope it's the
Jutes or was it the ...

No it was the Beaker people, bringing their beakers over here trying to get us to drink from beakers rather than just use our hands. . !

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/res...-parkerpearson

It was the "kill us" bit I was thinking of .
Where the beaker people known for their murderous activities?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist. My
concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't fit
in at all.

Although generally immigrants from the EU are rather closer culture wise
to the UK than from many other sources.

--
*No radio - Already stolen.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

This is a separate problem to the other issue surrounding
immigration, which is that some immigrants are so different
to the indigenous population culturally that they will never
integrate. We will always have two societies in one territory now,

Always have had, for millennia, literally.

and historically that usually leads to strife.

Bull****.

Difficult to counter such a persuasive argument.
However: Arabs v Israelis in the Middle east

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bull**** it does on your stupid pig ignorant USUALLY claim.

That isnt even true of the middle east, jews and moslems
mostly got along fine until the jews proclaimed that it was
handed to them by some god or other and started pouring
in from europe after the holocaust etc. Hardly surprising that
most of the arabs weren't too keen on that happening.

Catholics v Protestants in N Ireland

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bull**** it does on your stupid pig ignorant USUALLY claim.

Europeans v aboriginals in Australia

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bull**** it does on your stupid pig ignorant USUALLY claim.

Hindis v Muslims in India/Pakistan

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bull**** it does on your stupid pig ignorant USUALLY claim.

Europeans v aboriginals in N America

Irrelevant to what happens in Britain.

It's just one example of many that contradict your 'bull****' argument.

Bull**** it does on your stupid pig ignorant USUALLY claim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Importing vast numbers who subscribe
to medieval values is bad for society.

You mean the medieval values of grovelling to some
god or other ? Bit hard to only allow atheists.

I was thinking more about homophobia,

Corse there was never any of that before moslems showed up, eh ?

the subjugation of women,

Corse there was never any of that before moslems showed up, eh ?

female sexual mutilation,

But male sexual mutilation because some fools claim there is
some contract with some obscenity of a god or other is fine, eh ?

cruel methods of animal slaughter,

Corse there was never any of that before moslems showed up, eh ?

corporal punishment,

Corse there was never any of that before moslems showed up, eh ?

Even the moslems arent into 'blown away from the guns',
or hanged drawn and quartered either.

all that sort of thing.

Which you lot have been doing for millennia now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

The housing shortage effects far more deserving cases than rough sleepers.

Yep.

Let's get that sorted first.

Typical socialist mentality.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

Are you in denial that a housing shortage contributes to sleeping
rough?

I'm not in denial, no. But you obviously are. I'll give you the same
advice as I gave harry. Find out why many people sleep rough
yourself. It
would be quite an eye opener for the likes of you.

That's a classic Dave reply. Deliberately missing the point. You should
have worked your way up the union Dave and become a Labour MP.

I'll say the same to you, then. Find out the reasons why people sleep
rough.

There are many reasons

Nope, just a few. Some prefer to spend what income they have
on drugs/booze etc. Plenty arent prepared to tolerate the rules
that the 'homeless shelters' impose on grog and drugs. Some
detest the dregs that end up in 'homeless shelters'. There just
arent enough 'homeless shelter' places for those who are
prepared to use them and few allow anyone to stay forever.
Some are quite literally barking mad and can't manage
even the most basic stuff. Plenty are so bad no one is
interested letting them couch surf.

but should the number of rough sleepers be increasing like it is.

Corse it should when the numbers of those I listed increases.

The likes of Fred isn't interested in actual reasons. He
just wants to score points for his particular prejudices.

What are you saying the resons are ?

He never does, just trys to pretend that he knows but aint telling.

And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers
in places where there isn't a housing shortage.

Can you prove that ?

Yep, there are some rough sleepers everywhere, even
in ghost towns where there is no housing shortage.

Check out westminster it has one of the highest number of
homeless and the largest housing shortage, there's about 800
people that have been on their housing list for 10 years or more.

Says nothing useful about what he just said.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
And I'll give you another clue. You'll find rough sleepers in places
where
there isn't a housing shortage.

Can you prove that ? Check out westminster it has one of the highest
number of homeless and the largest housing shortage, there's about 800
people that have been on their housing list for 10 years or more.

Being on a housing list doesn't make you a rough sleeper.

No it doesn't, and crashing on a friends sofa for day arfter day doesn't
mean you are homeless, and living in a shelter doesn't make you homeless.
Being in hostal doesn't make you homeless.

You;re only considers homeless if someone sees you in the street sleeping
rough,

Not if you are just blotto in the gutter, yet again, like you always are.

if a person is walking the streets they aren't counted as rough sleepers
or
homeless either. If you're living in a squat you aren't classed as
homeless either.

Most of those on a waiting list who do eventually get some form of social
housing then act responsibly

What of the ~800 that have been on westminster's homeless
that have been on the list for a decade or more. ?

They're the ones that choose to exist like that.

- like making sure the rent is paid etc -
even if it does come from universal credit etc.

Difficult to make sure the rent is paid if you lose your
job and it takes the weeks to apply for housing credit.

Nope, you use the credit card you havent stupidly maxed out.

Many rough sleepers simply ain't up to the responsibility of looking
after
their own affairs.

Yes I know but they are still homeless if they are rough sleepers,

Nope, just voluntarily rough sleepers most of them.

most do have problems that they can't solve, for
a start they can't get a job without a home address.

Thats complete drivel too with casual work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1651939 20171216 002254 "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist. My
concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't fit
in at all.

Although generally immigrants from the EU are rather closer culture wise
to the UK than from many other sources.

From recent experience my local hospital (one of the 5 biggest in the country)
would not function without the other-EU people.
Also, in general they are more polite and friendly than the natives.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist.
My concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't
fit in at all.

Although generally immigrants from the EU are rather closer culture
wise to the UK than from many other sources.

From recent experience my local hospital (one of the 5 biggest in the
country) would not function without the other-EU people. Also, in
general they are more polite and friendly than the natives.

My impression is much of London would grind to a halt if all EU immigrants
suddenly went home. And the idea that UK born unemployed will step in to
cover those jobs just rubbish. What's more with an aging population things
will get worse if those racists who want 'England for the English' get
their way.

--
*Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:
in 1651939 20171216 002254 "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:
Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist.
My concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't
fit in at all.

Although generally immigrants from the EU are rather closer culture
wise to the UK than from many other sources.

From recent experience my local hospital (one of the 5 biggest in the
country) would not function without the other-EU people. Also, in
general they are more polite and friendly than the natives.

My impression is much of London would grind to a halt if all EU immigrants
suddenly went home.

Has anybody suggested that that should happen? No? Then why do you
mention it?

And the idea that UK born unemployed will step in to
cover those jobs just rubbish.

Why? It is true that there is a shortage of English doctors, but why
would unskilled English people not want to be porters or administrative
staff?

What's more with an aging population things
will get worse if those racists who want 'England for the English' get
their way.

Ah, we're all racists.

--
Jack
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
harry wrote:
[...]

Trouble is that is hard to produce a list of those that dont fit in at all
and tell them that none of them are welcome. And even harder with
the subset of the groups who dont fit in at all who do in fact fit in
as well as anyone.