Posted to uk.d-i-y
Handsome Jack Handsome Jack is offline

Default OT BBC/ PMQs

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted
In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:
in 1651939 20171216 002254 "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:
Yes. People who complain about immigration are often branded racist.
My concern (other than sheer numbers) is not about colour of skin or
country of origin, but about culture. Some cultures are very close to
ours, some are more distant, but integrate well, others just don't
fit in at all.

Although generally immigrants from the EU are rather closer culture
wise to the UK than from many other sources.

From recent experience my local hospital (one of the 5 biggest in the
country) would not function without the other-EU people. Also, in
general they are more polite and friendly than the natives.

My impression is much of London would grind to a halt if all EU immigrants
suddenly went home.

Has anybody suggested that that should happen? No? Then why do you
mention it?

And the idea that UK born unemployed will step in to
cover those jobs just rubbish.

Why? It is true that there is a shortage of English doctors, but why
would unskilled English people not want to be porters or administrative
staff?

What's more with an aging population things
will get worse if those racists who want 'England for the English' get
their way.

Ah, we're all racists.

--
Jack