Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parkside multitool sanding pads

Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl only
sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a similar pack from
Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while sanding so, obviously, I
have to be careful about which ones I buy.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1235405-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2017 18:14, Dot wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl
only
sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a similar
pack from
Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while sanding so, obviously, I
have to be careful about which ones I buy.

You may find with time the backing pad wears and needs replacing.

Probably well worth getting some pad savers - since these are usually
much cheaper than the actual backing pad:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/mirka-pad...sanders-502531

These folks have pretty much every multitool blade in a range of
fittings. They do sanding sheets as well:

https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dot m wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl
only sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a
similar pack from Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while
sanding so, obviously, I have to be careful about which ones I buy.

Toolstation sell suitable sized ones. Snag being the velcro seems rubbish.

I bought a new universal pad in Wicks - thinking it might be that - but
they don't stick well to that either.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dot m wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl
only sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a
similar pack from Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while
sanding so, obviously, I have to be careful about which ones I buy.

Toolstation sell suitable sized ones. Snag being the velcro seems rubbish.

I bought a new universal pad in Wicks - thinking it might be that - but
they don't stick well to that either.

The main thing is don't run them fast as the velcro heats up and softens.
A good air flow from the vac helps keep them cool too.

Running at slow speed heats the motor more IME, so less time between
cool downs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/09/2017 07:19, dennis@home wrote:

The main thing is don't run them fast as the velcro heats up and softens.

+1
I have abused the backing pads in the past by applying too much pressure
when sanding and the backing pads have probably become too hot. Once
they have lost the Velcro type surface no sanding sheet, irrespective of
the brand, will stick to them.

Shortly after destroying my backing pad I did see that the ALid/Lidl
multitool tool-set did contain a replacement backing pad. It was
complete rubbish and didn't last very long - and it wasn't abused too much.

I did find a suitable replacement at Saxton Blades which has lasted well.

As for sanding pads I've found the Bosch branded ones to be good but
they are not cheapest. I purchased them in boxes of 50(?).

Consider also that if someone is putting too much pressure on the
(sanding) tool when in use in order to remove, say, a thick layer of
paint then maybe they are using a too fine grade of sanding sheet for
the first pass of the tool. I've found that I use much more of a very
coarse grit paper than I do with a finer grit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Dot m wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool as Lidl
only sell the pack with extra blades as well. Daughter bought a
similar pack from Aldi but the discs keep sliding off the tool while
sanding so, obviously, I have to be careful about which ones I buy.

Toolstation sell suitable sized ones. Snag being the velcro seems rubbish.

I bought a new universal pad in Wicks - thinking it might be that - but
they don't stick well to that either.

The main thing is don't run them fast as the velcro heats up and softens.
A good air flow from the vac helps keep them cool too.

Running at slow speed heats the motor more IME, so less time between
cool downs.

I also have a Fein, and that doesn't seem to suffer the same problem.

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool parkside PMFW 310 D2

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1235405-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2021 14:15, Demis wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool
parkside PMFWÂ* 310 D2

Generic loop and hook sanding pads from Saxton Blades

https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/fein-...ds-accessories

Probably generic loop and hook sanding pads from Toolstaion and screwfix.

Ebay - just search for "multitool sanding pads loop"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 22/04/2021 22:05, alan_m wrote:
On 22/04/2021 14:15, Demis wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool
parkside PMFWÂ* 310 D2

Generic loop and hook sanding pads from Saxton Blades

https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/fein-...ds-accessories

Probably generic loop and hook sanding pads from Toolstaion and screwfix.

Ebay - just search for "multitool sanding pads loop"

Isn't this a case where size matters? And, don't these have holes in
them, that need to line up?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2021 11:21, GB wrote:
On 22/04/2021 22:05, alan_m wrote:
On 22/04/2021 14:15, Demis wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get more sanding pads for this tool
parkside PMFWÂ* 310 D2

Generic loop and hook sanding pads from Saxton Blades

https://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/fein-...ds-accessories

Probably generic loop and hook sanding pads from Toolstaion and screwfix.

Ebay - just search for "multitool sanding pads loop"

Isn't this a case where size matters? And, don't these have holes in
them, that need to line up?

I doubt if it makes any practical difference.