Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default General election

It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No, its all a bit depressing, but there are funny people in the commons who
spout a load of male gnitalia at the best of times.
Were we not supposed to be having fewer MPs soon?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Broadback" wrote in message
news
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/17 08:22, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

It will give whoever put May into power a virtual dictator power.

Especially as local short-lists will be supplined by central government.

Its a totalitarian takeover by the tories, UKIP smashed by tory moles,
liberal democrats smashed bu Cleggless' ambition.. Labour smashed by
hard left lunacy, and you will elect only candidates chosen by The Party.

I would be surprised now if Brexit will ever be achieved.

Democracy in Britain is probably dead.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/04/17 08:22, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

It will give whoever put May into power a virtual dictator power.

Especially as local short-lists will be supplined by central government.

Its a totalitarian takeover by the tories, UKIP smashed by tory moles,
liberal democrats smashed bu Cleggless' ambition.. Labour smashed by
hard left lunacy, and you will elect only candidates chosen by The Party.

I would be surprised now if Brexit will ever be achieved.

Democracy in Britain is probably dead.

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I would be surprised now if Brexit will ever be achieved.

So that's two good things then..

an end to brexit and it ****es you off.

Democracy in Britain is probably dead.

You think its dead when it doesn't agree with what you want, you said it
was dead before the brexit vote when you though you would lose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

Labour can win if they say they will remain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/17 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:
[...]

WE did, and we have been told we were stupid, and by the way we didn't
really mean it.

Democracy was the means by which we hoped to avert a civil war again. If
its been subverted to the extent I suspect, then it will either destroy
society altogether or leave armed insurrection as the only response.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/20/2017 10:19 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

My father, a pretty unreconstructed labour man, used to work with a chap
called John Bean, who stood once as an MP for one of the neo-Nazi
parties in the 1970's.

On one occasion John introduced him in the pub to the party leader, a
guy called Martin Webster, whom you may remember.

Webster's line was "I hear you are one of us, John tells me he's going
to see you on the barricades". At which point they had to explain to
Webster that they might well meet on the barricades, but it would be on
opposite sides.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/04/17 08:22, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

It will give whoever put May into power a virtual dictator power.

on the other hand, those who voted to stay and had the MP, for whom they'd
voted, vote "leave" might well vote for sombody else.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
[...]

I don't recall anyone, not even the BBC, telling me that I can't vote for
Corbyn, for any reason at all and certainly not because he isn't
"appropriate".

They may be telling me that the results of electoral surveys have found that
many votes say that they personally wont vote for him for these reasons

but no-one is forcing you to do as they do.

You are free to make your own choices

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

WE did, and we have been told we were stupid, and by the way we didn't
really mean it.

Democracy was the means by which we hoped to avert a civil war again. If
its been subverted to the extent I suspect, then it will either destroy
society altogether or leave armed insurrection as the only response.

Democracy says that if there is another vote to stop brexit then so be it.
It doesn't mean that your views are final if you manage to convince a
small number more to vote for it by lies or anything else.
Its the same as staying, it isn't final and the electorate can change
their mind later.
Only terrorists think they need violence to achieve their ends in a
democracy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 20 April 2017 08:22:30 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

No, but what took you so long to get bored ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 20/04/2017 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

Labour can win if they say they will remain.

Not with Jeremy Clueless they can't, or haven't you been listening/watching?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

[...]

I've not heard anyone saying that about Corbyn. His problem is that, as
a leader, he is useless. All he knows how to do is hold up a mike and
harangue a crowd. As a PM, he'd be a disaster, and that means there is
no credible opposition (hasn't been since he got in) and no credible
alternative government.

Yes, and neither will he quit. He's ok Jack, **** the party.
Good man, I hope he stays there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I've not heard anyone saying that about Corbyn. His problem is that, as
a leader, he is useless. All he knows how to do is hold up a mike and
harangue a crowd.

Well, that certainty says you have never heard him speak. Not surprising
given how little and how heavily edited any coverage he gets in the meja
is. He says plenty that makes sense - to those who share his views.

As a PM, he'd be a disaster, and that means there is
no credible opposition (hasn't been since he got in) and no credible
alternative government.

Since when have you ever considered an alternative government?

BTW, I'm not one who considers a PM should be some form of autocrat. A
good one gathers a decent team round him or her and takes advice.
Something May seems incapable of doing.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 20/04/2017 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

Labour can win if they say they will remain.

Labour have already agreed to leave!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

[...]

No problem, next referendum 2060.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

[...]

With our electoral system, you never get a credible government.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 16:51, Capitol wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
On 20/04/2017 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

Labour can win if they say they will remain.

Labour have already agreed to leave!

So they won't win then..
unless the several million who voted stay decide not to vote for a party
that wants to leave.
Do you really think this election is going to be as expected after the
referendum fiasco.

I will vote for someone that will reverse brexit as will many young
voters that feel they were done in the referendum.
The older voters will vote on the lines they always have.
Anything could happen as a result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 16:53, Capitol wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

[...]

Next one is 8 June 2017.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

With your approach, it doesn't seem worth voting as you wish to be
governed by an unelected quango. Do you have sheep in your ancestry?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Democracy says that if there is another vote to stop brexit then so
be it.

Another vote by whom?

It doesn't mean that your views are final if you manage to convince a
small number more to vote for it by lies or anything else.
Its the same as staying, it isn't final and the electorate can change
their mind later.

Is this the old EU trick of voting again and again until you get the
"right" answer, Den?

Of course. The right answer is to vote as you are told by Denise!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

From what I've read and heard, most Labour voters ARE like sheep. I
hear it all of the time "I vote labour because all my family have always
voted for Labour".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

From what I've read and heard, most Labour voters ARE like sheep. I
hear it all of the time "I vote labour because all my family have always
voted for Labour".

Most Labour voters seem to think they can get something for nothing. The government will help everybody out. Er.... the money comes from their taxes.

--
The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/17 17:17, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Capitol
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

[...]

A credible govt is one that has enough of a majority that it can get
its legislation through. Blair's govts were credible, whether or not
you liked them.

Most EU governments are weak because they are coalitions of one sort or
another. So they can almost never decide to do anything, as witness
their response to the refugee crisis. Apart from the Poles and
Hungarians, that is, who are willing to say **** to political
correctness.

By the way don't imagine it would be an easy matter to rejoin the EU
once we have left. Then they most certainly will **** us over: no
rebate, yes to the Euro, and yes to Schengen. And yes to the egregious
EU Arrest Warrant.

why on earth would we want to?

Do you really think they will exist in 5 years time?

--
Theres a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 08:22, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

Why do we need to vote? The political 'experts' already know the result.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 17:39:28 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bod
wrote:

On 20/04/2017 17:27, Capitol wrote:

With your approach, it doesn't seem worth voting as you wish to be
governed by an unelected quango. Do you have sheep in your ancestry?

From what I've read and heard, most Labour voters ARE like sheep. I
hear it all of the time "I vote labour because all my family have always
voted for Labour".

They are very often tribal, class-ridden [1], and hate-filled. Although
I know quite a number who are not.

[1] and they will ostracise people who vote otherwise and call them
"traitors to your class".

Here we have Labour and SNP competing for the chavs.

--
It's been announced that the police are going to be allowed to use water cannons on rioters.
They're putting some Persil washing powder in to stop the coloureds from running.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 17:32, Bod wrote:

From what I've read and heard, most Labour voters ARE like sheep. I
hear it all of the time "I vote labour because all my family have always
voted for Labour".

My father in law was worse..
he wouldn't vote because he was working class and would have to vote
labour if he did and he didn't like them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/04/2017 17:10, Tim Streater wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Democracy says that if there is another vote to stop brexit then so
be it.

Another vote by whom?

It doesn't mean that your views are final if you manage to convince a
small number more to vote for it by lies or anything else.
Its the same as staying, it isn't final and the electorate can change
their mind later.

Is this the old EU trick of voting again and again until you get the
"right" answer, Den?

No its the old UKIP one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

[...]

You have no basis whatever for saying that. It is indeed hard to lead a
a socialist party whose MPs are 90% Blairite opportunists, but do you
really have any evidence apart from the popular press that he could not
lead a party of like-minded people?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:

snip
And yes to the egregious
EU Arrest Warrant.

Mrs May fully intends to keep the European Arrest Warrant when we leave
the EU, it is one of the coded messages in her letter. Helps to keep us
all under control, doesn't it?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Broadback
writes
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

I'm certainly bored with the pundits. Perhaps once parliament is
dissolved the BBC could take all election material off the news channel
and put it on the Parliament channel.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Capitol
writes
dennis@home wrote:
On 20/04/2017 09:59, Roger Hayter wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

Labour can win if they say they will remain.

Labour have already agreed to leave!

Don't think so. They have laid down several unattainable conditions for
voting to accept whatever deal is reached with the EU. Thus they will be
voting to remain.
Likewise that dickhead who leads the Lib-Dems. He insists the UK should
stay within the single market. However the EU side has already made it
perfectly clear that that cannot happen on its own so in effect he is
saying he wants to remain but hasn't the balls to say so - or he thinks
the electorate are too stupid to notice.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote

It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

You could always set fire to yourself outside the houses of parliament to
liven things up a bit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Roger Hayter
writes
Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Roger Hayter
wrote:

[...]

To lead a party you need considerable man-management[1] and
organisational skills. I have seen no evidence of either.
[1] Oops Lost marks again for using gender-sensitive words
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , tim...
writes

[...]

Which is the great freedom we enjoy compared to many millions elsewhere
in the world.
tim

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

Democracy says that if there is another vote to stop brexit then so
be it.

Another vote by whom?

It doesn't mean that your views are final if you manage to convince a
small number more to vote for it by lies or anything else.
Its the same as staying, it isn't final and the electorate can change
their mind later.

Is this the old EU trick of voting again and again until you get the
"right" answer, Den?

No its the old UKIP one.

I thought I might summon the energy to point out the dishonesty of
calling multiple referenda to achieve the EU loyalist result one wants
an "EU trick". It is, of course, the trick of various sovereign
governments of independent EU states which themselves (said governments)
wish to achieve a pro-EU answer. In other words, cynical trick it might
be but the EU is *not* responsible for it; except to the extent of
it being a highly desirable organisation to belong to.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:28:00 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

snip
And yes to the egregious EU Arrest Warrant.

Mrs May fully intends to keep the European Arrest Warrant when we leave
the EU, it is one of the coded messages in her letter. Helps to keep us
all under control, doesn't it?

I'm waiting for her to label those who campaign for Labour/LibDem
'terrorists'. And then round them up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Eager
writes

Tim Streater wrote:

snip
And yes to the egregious EU Arrest Warrant.

Mrs May fully intends to keep the European Arrest Warrant when we leave
the EU, it is one of the coded messages in her letter. Helps to keep us
all under control, doesn't it?

I'm waiting for her to label those who campaign for Labour/LibDem
'terrorists'. And then round them up.

And the Greens. Don't forget the Greens.
--
bert

OT election HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 1 October 31st 12 11:32 PM
DIY and the election Doctor Evil UK diy 165 May 8th 05 12:52 PM
Difference between General 50-250 and General 350 table saws? Dean Hummel Woodworking 1 April 8th 05 02:27 AM