Doctor Evil

Default DIY and the election

I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant, interest rates
are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning we can
buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to 5. He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed. Everything on the up and
up. Can't allow all this excellent work to be ruined by Dracula and Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Al Reynolds

"Doctor Evil" wrote:
I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant, interest
rates
are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning we
can
buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to 5. He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed. Everything on the up and
up. Can't allow all this excellent work to be ruined by Dracula and Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

As a friend of mine used to say regarding how people vote:
"What you have to remember, is that the IQ scale
was designed with 100 as the median, so 50% of
the population have an IQ of less than 100, and
100 isn't very bright..."

Bob Mannix

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
"Doctor Evil" wrote:
I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant, interest
rates
are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning we
can
buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to 5.

He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed. Everything on the up

and
up. Can't allow all this excellent work to be ruined by Dracula and

Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

As a friend of mine used to say regarding how people vote:
"What you have to remember, is that the IQ scale
was designed with 100 as the median, so 50% of
the population have an IQ of less than 100, and
100 isn't very bright..."

Except that IQ tests merely show how good you are at doing IQ tests, are
only tenuously related to "brightness" and are basically a load of b*ll*cks
designed to boost the egos of those who are good at them.

I prefer the simpler saying - "no one ever lost any money underestimating
the intelligence of the British public".

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Set Square

Doctor Evil wrote:

I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant,
interest rates are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the
world, meaning we can buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid
pre-school from 3 to 5. He is tacking constitutional changes - most
needed. Everything on the up and up. Can't allow all this excellent
work to be ruined by Dracula and Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

That's what I like to hear. An endorsement from you is the kiss of death!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Tony Bryer

In article , Doctor Evil wrote:
I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant,
interest rates are very low, the pound the strongest currency in
the world, meaning we can buy cheap power tools.

Think Power, think Devil, think Tony Blair!

I'm not convinced it's a winner (even though he probably will be)

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Doctor Evil wrote:

I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant,

interest rates
are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning

we can
buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to

5. He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed. Everything on the

up and
up. Can't allow all this excellent work to be ruined by Dracula and

Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

We'll have parts q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,aa,bb,cc,dd,ee,ff and everyone on
this group will become criminals, through absolutely no fault of their
own. The police will set up a surveillance unit to monitor this group
to crack down on ''crime''. Most newsfeeds will drop uk.d-i-y after
threats of prosecution.

Youll need an ID card to buy a CU, and will be billed at purchase for
the compulsory invading of your private home to test the CU (to 4000v
of course), test the insulation sleeves youve applied, (fitting green
instead of green/yellow will result in a failure of cuorse) and test
everything else they can think of, with no visible clue as to what a
complete non-danger the whole fixed wiring thing is.

Yep, I'll vote for that. I'm sure Tony has lots of support for various
reasons, but in the diy area hes an unmitigated f-up. So guess who'll
vote for him

NT

Richard Faulkner

In message , Doctor Evil
writes
The economy is brilliant,

I think you will find that it may not be as good as it seems - I am
convinced that the figures are spun to make it seem good.

I recall the last recession when there were announcements of
redundancies each week - this has begun.

I also think the inflation figures are a con - I havent found things
remaining roughly the same price - they are rising. I seem to recall
that the basis for measuring inflation has been changed, maybe a few
times, over the past few years.

interest rates are very low

There was a lot of talk about a rise in the latter parts of last year,
and the very early part of this year - that has all but disappeared in
the past few weeks. Dont be surprised if there are a few rises after the
election.

, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning we can buy
cheap power tools.

And other nations find our exports less attractive - I understand that
if we suck in imports, and lose our export markets, we are in
trouble????

The Labour Party has been underpinned by the confidence instilled in us
by house price inflation for the past 8 years - something which was
starting, and would have happened whoever was in power. Now that this
has disappeared, I think we are in for a nasty shock when Tony and his
cronies get back to work next week, (or whenever it is).

I have noticed that Tony has actually started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for me". How arrogant is that - he
is not bothered if we dont like the fact that he lies to get his way,
nor that he does not maintain his manifesto promises - go figure!!

--
Richard Faulkner
Tony Bryer

In article , Al Reynolds wrote:
As a friend of mine used to say regarding how people vote:
"What you have to remember, is that the IQ scale
was designed with 100 as the median, so 50% of
the population have an IQ of less than 100, and
100 isn't very bright..."

I wrote to a Daily Mail writer suggesting that their analysis was
somewhat flawed ("surely not", you cry). A polite reply more or less
said "you may understand the difference between mean and median but
the average Mail reader doesn't". Needless to say, the figure they
made os much of was the one that suited their agenda.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

John Rumm

Doctor Evil wrote:

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

You were made for each other....

--
Cheers,

John.

Tony Bryer

In article , Richard Faulkner
wrote:
I also think the inflation figures are a con - I havent found things
remaining roughly the same price - they are rising.

Yesterday's Telegraph - scarcely a Labour rag - had a table of prices
in 1997 and now. RPI is up about 18%: things that have gone up less
than this include milk (0%), eggs (6%), bread (23%), pint of beer
(24%), weekly London bus pass (-8%) [but tube zone 1 ride is +67%],
home insurance 12%, prescription charge 15%.

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Doctor Evil

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil wrote:

I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant,
interest rates are very low, the pound the strongest currency in
the world, meaning we can buy cheap power tools.

Think Power, think Devil, think Tony Blair!

You sound like one of those silly Tory posters.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Al Reynolds

"Bob Mannix" wrote:

I prefer the simpler saying - "no one ever lost any money underestimating
the intelligence of the British public".

Funnily enough, my friend's other regular saying
was "never underestimate the stupidity of people".

Another friend used to say "make something foolproof,
and someone, somewhere, will invent a better fool".
That always made me laugh.

Al

Doctor Evil

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes
The economy is brilliant,

I think you will find that it may
not be as good as it seems - I am
convinced that the figures are spun
to make it seem good.

You are making things up.

I recall the last recession when there
were announcements of redundancies
each week - this has begun.

Only at Rover.

I also think the inflation figures are a con -
I havent found things remaining roughly the
same price - they are rising. I seem to recall
that the basis for measuring inflation has been
changed, maybe a few times, over the past few years.

More making upness.

interest rates are very low

There was a lot of talk about a rise
in the latter parts of last year,
and the very early part of this year -

Was this talk in the Conservative club?

that has all but disappeared in
the past few weeks. Dont be surprised
if there are a few rises after the election.

Crystal ball gazing too.

I have noticed that Tony has actually
started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for
me". How arrogant is that

You mean telling the straight truth is arrogant. My oh my!

- he is not bothered if we dont like
the fact that he lies to get his way,

Care to tel us what lies? Or is this another make up from you?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Al Reynolds wrote:
As a friend of mine used to say regarding how people vote:
"What you have to remember, is that the IQ scale
was designed with 100 as the median, so 50% of
the population have an IQ of less than 100, and
100 isn't very bright..."

I wrote to a Daily Mail writer

Do they still give out free swastikas?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

You were made for each other....

We were.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Broadback

John Rumm wrote:

Doctor Evil wrote:

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

You were made for each other....

Can you see the next DIY disaster?
Andy Jeffries

Richard Faulkner wrote:
I also think the inflation figures are a con - I havent found things
remaining roughly the same price - they are rising. I seem to recall
that the basis for measuring inflation has been changed, maybe a few
times, over the past few years.

I'm no expert in macro-economics by any stretch, but as I understand it,
inflation could be constant and prices still rise. Inflation is the
amount things rise by each year, so if it's a constant (for arguments
sake, 1%) then each year the price of things will go up by 1%.

The idea is to keep inflation under control to keep the economy growing,
too little inflation and people go consumer-spending crazy and get in to
debt, too much inflation and people can't afford necessities and
everything goes ****s up.

As I said, I'm not an expert but it makes perfect sense that inflation
can be constant and prices still rise year-on-year.

Cheers,

Andy
RichardS

"Andy Jeffries" wrote in message
. ..
Richard Faulkner wrote:
I also think the inflation figures are a con - I havent found things
remaining roughly the same price - they are rising. I seem to recall
that the basis for measuring inflation has been changed, maybe a few
times, over the past few years.

I'm no expert in macro-economics by any stretch, but as I understand it,
inflation could be constant and prices still rise. Inflation is the
amount things rise by each year, so if it's a constant (for arguments
sake, 1%) then each year the price of things will go up by 1%.

Yes, thats true,but if inflation is 2% then prices are near as dammit
static, ie the "average" something costing £1 a year ago shoudl cost £1.02
now. You'd not really notice the difference. However, i think that Richard
is saying that day to day necessities do seem to be becoming more expensive,
and for that to be noticed the increases would be probably more than 2%.

The idea is to keep inflation under control to keep the economy growing,
too little inflation and people go consumer-spending crazy and get in to
debt, too much inflation and people can't afford necessities and
everything goes ****s up.

Hmm, you sure about that - I think it's the other way around. If consumer
price inflation and wage/salary inflation keep pace with each other then
people won't feel any better or worse off. However, in this scenario it's
likely to fuel a debt boom as debt is rather a good thing to have - the
value of it is going to decrease in time in comparison to your income. The
value of savings is eroded though.

I think what has happened in the past couple of years is that we have a debt
mountain fuelled by a gap between consumer price inflation and property
price inflation. Property prices have risen dramatically, and people are
releasing this apparent increase in wealth through secured loans. The
credit card debt boom is probably more to do with people's incredible
financial indiscipline these days.

As I said, I'm not an expert but it makes perfect sense that inflation
can be constant and prices still rise year-on-year.

That is quite true.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Jason Judge

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
I recall the last recession when there
were announcements of redundancies
each week - this has begun.

Only at Rover.

You are kidding, right? We don't count the 8000+ redundancies from anciliary
services to Rover (people who will be getting no help from the government),
Marconi, the last coal field in the North East, call centres dropping like
flies...

I'm not getting political, but please have some perspective on what is
really happening in the wider country, regardless of whether you agree with
this government or not.

-- JJ

Peter Parry

On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:20:39 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

We were.

Both strong believers in hot air and glossy pamphlets?

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Jethro

Marconi ?

John_ZIZinvalid

On Wed, 4 May 2005 15:14:13 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

I have noticed that Tony has actually
started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for
me". How arrogant is that

You mean telling the straight truth is arrogant. My oh my!

It says you are somebody who cannot accept other people have
different opinions to you.

- he is not bothered if we dont like
the fact that he lies to get his way,

Care to tel us what lies? Or is this another make up from you?

1. That ASBO's work, when they don't.

2. He says un-employment is not increasing, when it is.

3. He's not interested in the fact that petrol prices are increasing,
and it will lead to another fuel crisis.

4. He says community officers do a good job when infact they are a
waste of time.

5. He wants the UK to fully intergrated into the European Government
when infact it is the biggest financial white elephant and burdon this
country has.

6. He was shocked the other day when quite a lot of people told him
the NHS is no better than it was eight years ago, having recently
used the NHS I can say I have never previously been into such dirty
hospital in my life.

7. He has yet to acknowledge that the Police is way too much paperwork
to fill in when they should be doing the job of Policing.

8. He has cast aside any statements with regard to immigration as
being racist, and doesn't acknowledge that racial tension is worse now
than ever. Race riots in Bradford, Peterborough, Burnley and racial
tensions in Dover, parts of South London and so on.

I could go on.

The Natural Philosopher

Richard Faulkner wrote:

I have noticed that Tony has actually started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for me".

Don't worry, I won't be.

How like King Cnut he is...
The Natural Philosopher

John Rumm wrote:

Doctor Evil wrote:

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

You were made for each other....

I think thats 'Our John' in 'Little Britain'
The Natural Philosopher

Andy Jeffries wrote:

Richard Faulkner wrote:

[...]

Yup. Inflation is teh first derivateive of prices with respect to time.

Only a constant inflation rate of zero, is coinsistent with no inflation.

A constant 100% inflation reate, is of course something that John
Prescott would claim to be 'good, because its not going up' and IMM
would likewise applaud.

Cheers,

Andy

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

We were.

Both strong believers in hot air and glossy pamphlets?

No, both ignorant, incompetent lying ******s.
David Hearn

Jethro wrote:
Marconi ?

"Marconi said on Tuesday that it would shortly announce how many of its
4,500 UK staff would be losing their jobs."

:::Jerry::::

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes
The economy is brilliant,

I think you will find that it may
not be as good as it seems - I am
convinced that the figures are spun
to make it seem good.

You are making things up.
snip

Not according to someone called Tony Blair - BBC radio four Today
programme this morning - he didn't rebuff any of the suggestion that
the system HMG uses to work out things like inflation rates have been
changed and that the figures would indeed be higher if the old system
was still in place.

Brian Sharrock

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
I am going to vote for Tony Blair. The economy is brilliant, interest
rates
are very low, the pound the strongest currency in the world, meaning we
can
buy cheap power tools. Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to 5. He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed. Everything on the up and
up. Can't allow all this excellent work to be ruined by Dracula and Boris

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

Well ! I suppose that DIY and Elections are embodied
by the Labour Party's 'vote factories' where-in postal
votes have been seized by Police with the most blatant
examples of electoral fraud have been observed ...
'which would disgrace a Banana-Republic'

--

Brian

Doctor Evil

"Jason Judge" wrote in message
.. .

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
I recall the last recession when there
were announcements of redundancies
each week - this has begun.

Only at Rover.

You are kidding, right? We don't count the 8000+ redundancies from

anciliary
services to Rover (people who will be getting no help from the

government),

Well Rover and the fallout. Which was no surprise.

Marconi,

They are always hiring and firing. Appalling place to work. No change there.

the last coal field in the North East,

About time too. Filthy stuff.

call centres dropping like flies...

The country really doesn't have an unemployment problem. What we have is a
skills mismatch and areas of high and low demand. There is always a natural
float. "Overall" the country does not have an unemployment problem.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Doctor Evil

wrote:

We were.

Both strong believers in hot air and glossy pamphlets?

Coloured paper attracts you doesn't it?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

wrote:

I have noticed that Tony has actually
started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for
me". How arrogant is that

You mean telling the straight truth is arrogant. My oh my!

It says you are somebody who
cannot accept other people have
different opinions to you.

It means I can see what we gave now and what we had for 18 years with the
amateurs.

- he is not bothered if we dont like
the fact that he lies to get his way,

Care to tell us what lies? Or is this another make up from you?

1. That ASBO's work, when they don't.

2. He says un-employment is not increasing, when it is.

We don't have an unemployment problem.

3. He's not interested in the fact that petrol prices are increasing,
and it will lead to another fuel crisis.

That is not lies. You are confused.

4. He says community officers do a good job when infact they are a
waste of time.

Opinionated clap trap with no proof. No lies.

5. He wants the UK to fully intergrated into the European Government
when infact it is the biggest financial white elephant and burdon this
country has.

Opinionated clap trap with no proof. No lies.

6. He was shocked the other day when quite a lot of people told him
the NHS is no better than it was eight years ago, having recently
used the NHS I can say I have never previously been into such dirty
hospital in my life.

Having used it, and my family, over the past 5 years, I have have no
problems whatsoever, and the hospitals was clean. Nom lies.

7. He has yet to acknowledge that the Police is way too much paperwork
to fill in when they should be doing the job of Policing.

Opinionated clap trap with no proof. No lies.

8. He has cast aside any statements with regard to immigration as
being racist, and doesn't acknowledge that racial tension is worse now
than ever. Race riots in Bradford, Peterborough, Burnley and racial
tensions in Dover, parts of South London and so on.

Opinionated clap trap with no proof. No lies.

I could go on.

Please don't you haven't a clue. The best thing for you is to just go out
and vote Labour. It is easier that way.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

Richard Faulkner wrote:

I have noticed that Tony has actually started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for me".

Don't worry, I won't be.

No one expect a brainwashed snotty uni man obsessed with petty snobbery to
vote Labour anyway. Please vote Monster Raving Loonie - I'm sure you do.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Dave

wrote:

We were.

Both strong believers in hot air and glossy pamphlets?

No, both ignorant, incompetent lying ******s.

And the difference was? :-)

Dave
Andy Hall

On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:08:14 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

I am going to vote for Tony Blair.

You're allowed?

The economy is brilliant,

Watch what happens if TB & GB are re-elected.

interest rates
are very low,

in terms of the world stage, no.

the pound the strongest currency in the world,

This is an advantage?

meaning we can
buy cheap power tools.

You might want to buy imported products on price......

Children now have paid pre-school from 3 to 5. He
is tacking constitutional changes - most needed.

It isn't - purely a distraction.

Everything on the up and
up.

Apart from the erstwhile administration

Yes, I will vote for Tony.

There was a trainspotter type on Radio 4 this evening just before the
6 o'clock talking about land tax. Was it you by any chance?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

John_ZIZinvalid

On Wed, 4 May 2005 22:59:33 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

I have noticed that Tony has actually
started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for
me". How arrogant is that

You mean telling the straight truth is arrogant. My oh my!

It says you are somebody who
cannot accept other people have
different opinions to you.

It means I can see what we gave now and what we had for 18 years with the
amateurs.

Thankyou, you have just proved me right, with your dismissive reply.

As you are somebody who bases there opinions on history, you happily
forget that Labour was no better before the 18 year government of
Thatcher/Major.

I could go on.

Please don't you haven't a clue. The best thing for you is to just go out
and vote Labour. It is easier that way.

and you do?. Somehow I doubt it, and as to who I decide to vote for is
of non of your concern, but take this onboard, your right to vote is
very special, and what makes you think that you will always have it.

raden

In message , Richard Faulkner
writes
In message , Doctor Evil
writes
The economy is brilliant,

I think you will find that it may not be as good as it seems - I am
convinced that the figures are spun to make it seem good.

I recall the last recession when there were announcements of
redundancies each week - this has begun.

I have noticed that Tony has actually started saying "If you dont like
me, or what I have done.... dont vote for me". How arrogant is that -
he is not bothered if we dont like the fact that he lies to get his
way, nor that he does not maintain his manifesto promises - go figure!!

http://www.dumpblair.co.uk/btactical.html

BTW, do you realise that we were obliged to go to war at Bush's calling
(if this is to be believed)

http://cryptome.org/pm-secret.htm

--
geoff
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

- he is not bothered if we dont like
the fact that he lies to get his way,

Care to tel us what lies? Or is this another make up from you?

Well, it's documented that he was caught lying at school, google it if
you really want to know more

he claimed (hansard) that, as a teenager, he used to watch his football
hero from the touchline (I can't remember his name), the problem is that
he retired when TB was 4 years old.

He lied about not putting up taxes (NI is, a tax)

He lied about his reasons for invading Iraq

He completely misrepresented the intelligence given to him about Iraq's
military capabilities and he lied to cover up.

The real problem I have with him, the real clincher, is that in the face
of overwhelming evidence, he refuses to stand up and face the truth.

Luckily, dIMMs vote won't count either way

--
geoff
raden

In message , David Hearn
writes
Jethro wrote:
Marconi ?

"Marconi said on Tuesday that it would shortly announce how many of its
4,500 UK staff would be losing their jobs."

All I heard was that the share price was going up

now there's a company which has plummeted

--
geoff
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes
You are kidding, right? We don't count the 8000+ redundancies from

anciliary
services to Rover (people who will be getting no help from the

government),

Well Rover and the fallout. Which was no surprise.

So you're saying that TB saw this coming and did nothing about it ?

--
geoff