Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default General election

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/04/17 08:22, Broadback wrote:
It has hardly been declared, already I am bored with it, the "pundits"
telling us, over and over, what is going to happen. In fact I was bored
with it an hour after I heard. Surely I am not alone?

It will give whoever put May into power a virtual dictator power.

Especially as local short-lists will be supplined by central government.

Its a totalitarian takeover by the tories, UKIP smashed by tory moles,
liberal democrats smashed bu Cleggless' ambition.. Labour smashed by
hard left lunacy, and you will elect only candidates chosen by The Party.

I would be surprised now if Brexit will ever be achieved.

Democracy in Britain is probably dead.

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister.

I don't recall anyone, not even the BBC, telling me that I can't vote for
Corbyn, for any reason at all and certainly not because he isn't
"appropriate".

They may be telling me that the results of electoral surveys have found that
many votes say that they personally wont vote for him for these reasons

but no-one is forcing you to do as they do.

You are free to make your own choices

tim