Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default General election

On 20/04/2017 16:53, Capitol wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Wanting a degree of social cohesion and fairness along the lines of
Sweden, for instance, isn't "hard left". I find it most amusing that
everyone including the BBC is telling me I can't vote for Corbyn
because
he is Not Appropriate and people of importance (Keith Vaz do they
mean?) won't accept him becoming Prime Minister. It is perhaps a
mistake to keep telling the British people too forcefully that they
"can't" do something - they might furn round and do it!

WE did, and we have been told we were stupid, and by the way we didn't
really mean it.

Democracy was the means by which we hoped to avert a civil war again.
If its been subverted to the extent I suspect, then it will either
destroy society altogether or leave armed insurrection as the only
response.

Democracy says that if there is another vote to stop brexit then so be
it.
It doesn't mean that your views are final if you manage to convince a
small number more to vote for it by lies or anything else.
Its the same as staying, it isn't final and the electorate can change
their mind later.
Only terrorists think they need violence to achieve their ends in a
democracy.

No problem, next referendum 2060.

Next one is 8 June 2017.