Dean Hummel

Default Difference between General 50-250 and General 350 table saws?

I am considering the purchase of either of these models and am trying to
find out some quantifiable difference between the two,

I know the 250 is made in Taiwan and the 350 in Canada, and there is a
significant price difference. I also know that the 350 uses a Baldor
(sp?) motor the 250 uses a Taiwan unit.

However the specs on the General web site are the same for both models.
The only difference is the weight.

I called General to ask them about the manufacturing tolerances for the
250, and was told they were "the same as the 350."

Everyone I ask says the 350 is better but when pressed no one can tell
me exactly how much better (in terms of build quality, table flatness,
casting methods, motor bearing tolerances etc.)

Does anyone have experience with both models and can they comment on any
quality differences? The TS will be used in a home shop environment, but
I am looking for accuracy in set up and use.

Dean Hummel

buy the 350 its a better made saw