Default New Bosch Wahing Machine - Help!

Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed, this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

John

Perhaps the brushes will bed in soon. I replaced the brushes on an old
machine and it was noisy for a while. I expect new motors need 'running in'.
If it is a fast spin then expect some high pitched noise.

--

Regards

John

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

MrCheerful

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

Yes, the brushes need to bed in.

Wash should be so quiet that you have to look to know it is running. Spin,
(ours is 1400rpm bosch ) makes a little noise, but hey, its so little
compared to anything else.

MrCheerful

PJO

Yes, the brushes need to bed in.

Wash should be so quiet that you have to look to know it is running.

Spin,
(ours is 1400rpm bosch ) makes a little noise, but hey, its so little
compared to anything else.

I've never heard anything so bloody daft as "the brushes need to bed in"!!!
Oh Please!!

In fact, are there any brushes??!! Most new appliances use induction motors.

Even so, the bedding in of brushes in a fallacy.

It's probably a bearing and if anything like our NEW Hotpoint will need a
replacement within weeks.

New brushes don't make noise - poor quality or badly lubricated bearings do!
Manufacturers these days use the cheapest possible bearings and don't use
much (if any) grease.

Brushes bedding in my arse!

MrCheerful

"PJO" wrote in message
[...]

Well, my Bosch has brushes, that is the make of the OP machine. When I
replaced one brush after seven years (why one wore first I don't know)
there was a bit of a whine for the first few uses. An old indesit I had
made a terrible whine when new brushes were fitted, a washing machine repair
shop used a "comm" stick to polish up the commutator and the noise was much
reduced.

So bedding in of brushes does happen. since the op machine is new he has
little to worry about.

MrCheerful

Phil

"PJO" wrote in message ...
Yes, the brushes need to bed in.

Wash should be so quiet that you have to look to know it is running.

Spin,
(ours is 1400rpm bosch ) makes a little noise, but hey, its so little
compared to anything else.

I've never heard anything so bloody daft as "the brushes need to bed in"!!!
Oh Please!!

In fact, are there any brushes??!! Most new appliances use induction motors.

Even so, the bedding in of brushes in a fallacy.

It's probably a bearing and if anything like our NEW Hotpoint will need a
replacement within weeks.

New brushes don't make noise - poor quality or badly lubricated bearings do!
Manufacturers these days use the cheapest possible bearings and don't use
much (if any) grease.

Brushes bedding in my arse!

Having been a Bosch/Siemens fan for years I am afraid that when our 10
year old DW packed up I bought a Miele Base model for £350 delivered
(Yes amazing considering they were £500 min 10 years ago)
All i can observe is that I will never buy anything else again with
out checking on the miele price. Three spray bars, really quiet, and
20 year design life.
(condensing dryer a different story Bosch decent German non base model
£350 Miele £650.

It came from a local little wholesale land lord special type of shop
that is just full of machines, and I printed out the cheapest online
prices and we did a deal of that price inc their delivery charge.
Really cannot lose that way as i did not have to wait around all day
for delivery (this man says i will come at six after work and he
does.)
HTH Phil
PJO

[...]

And just what the f**k has this got to do with noisy brushes exactly?!

Sparks

I've never heard anything so bloody daft as "the brushes need to bed
in"!!!
Oh Please!!

In fact, are there any brushes??!! Most new appliances use induction

motors.

Even so, the bedding in of brushes in a fallacy.

It's probably a bearing and if anything like our NEW Hotpoint will need a
replacement within weeks.

New brushes don't make noise - poor quality or badly lubricated bearings

do!
Manufacturers these days use the cheapest possible bearings and don't use
much (if any) grease.

Brushes bedding in my arse!

When I replaced the brushed in my vacuume cleaner, it wined for a few uses!

Sparks...

Andrew

In article , PJO
writes

[...]

When a 747 from Auckland lands in Sydney the whining noise continues
after the engines have been turned off.
--
Andrew

Thanks for all the replies.

Interestingly I rang the Bosch service line today asking about the machines
noise level. They said it should be pretty quiet most of the time (which it
is) but will make a high pitch whine on the spin cycle. As this was stated
by the Bosch person before I mentioned any whine I now feel some what
reassured that this is the normal noise when on the spin cycle.

If not let's hope it will get sorted before the two year guarantee is up.

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

Paul

I would say that you have a problem. I recently got a new Bosch WFO285S,
think thats the part no from memory, and its really really quite. In fact
the hotpoint tumble dryer can be heard from the other end of the house, but
unless you are in the kitchen, and close to the machine, its not even
obvious the machine is on!

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

Thanks for the info Paul.

Are you saying that yours is quiet during the spin cycle - normally the last
10 mins or so? You see mine is like yours, you have to be near it to hear
it, except for the last 10 mins when it whines away and can easily be geard
from the next room even with the TV on etc.

"Paul" paul at javajedi dot com wrote in message
I would say that you have a problem. I recently got a new Bosch WFO285S,
think thats the part no from memory, and its really really quite. In fact
the hotpoint tumble dryer can be heard from the other end of the house,

but
unless you are in the kitchen, and close to the machine, its not even
obvious the machine is on!

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin

it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the

spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

Strangely enough now that the machine has been used a few more times it is
getting quieter as some of the replies suggested.

I also rang a couple of Bosch service agents who said it would quiten down
after a few more cycles.

Apparently some are a little noisey to start with due to the brushes bedding
in whilst others (of the same model) don't seem to suffer from this.

Thanks again for your replies.

"N" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I have just bought - delivered Xmas eve, a BoschWFO2465 washing machine.

It is supposed to have a "very quiet noise level". However when spinning
there is a fairly loud high pitch whine that increases with spin speed,

this
whine can also sometimes be faintly heard whilst the drum is turning

during
washing, are these noises normal?

The machine is a 1200RPM spin but the 10 year old Zanussi 1000 RPM spin it
just replaced, whilst being generally noisier, seemed quieter on the spin
cycle, at least it didn't whine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with the current range of Bosch

washing
machines and their noise levels?

Thanks

geoff

In message , Andrew
writes
In article , PJO
writes

[...]

That's just the stewardesses antipodean accent
--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to PJO, Mark wrote:
Peter.jol. wrote:

Spin,
I've never heard anything so bloody daft as "the brushes need to bed in"!!!
Oh Please!!
In fact, are there any brushes??!! Most new appliances use induction

motors.
Even so, the bedding in of brushes in a fallacy.
It's probably a bearing and if anything like our NEW Hotpoint will need a
replacement within weeks.
New brushes don't make noise - poor quality or badly lubricated bearings

do!
Manufacturers these days use the cheapest possible bearings and don't use
much (if any) grease.
Brushes bedding in my arse!

Seriously? Not all use induction, many still use carbon brushes, and a
good mechanic will happily explain how carbon brushes take time to "bed"
in. In fact so do most brass, nylon or compression type bearings. They
also need to 'bed'. I guess you will expect everything to be "plug and
play", the world is losing its ability to engineer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark, PJO last posted in 2004, I think your advice may be a little too late!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:13:21 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

Mark, PJO last posted in 2004, I think your advice may be a little too late!

Dec 2003 actually
http://snipurl.com/2a4h8ru

"Mark" probebly thinks he is posting in Flashnewsgroups.com

Actually this is a good object-lesson for someone on another group,
who wants to set up his own Usenet leeching web site and thinks it's a
Good Idea (tm).

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Either way, it sounded like it was a bit crappy.
Yes brushes do bed in, and often the appliance smells a bit while this
occurs. My Panasonic did, but where the brushed motor is is anyones guess.
However its quieter now than when new, which is how things should be after
some years if its made properly.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
replying to PJO, Mark wrote:
Peter.jol. wrote:

Spin,
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You are a complete buffoon! Of course brushes need to bed in - it's like running a new chain and gears without any oil! The carbon heads are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will settle in and quieten down. Don't comment unless you know the facts!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...elp-41904-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:
You are a complete buffoon! Of course brushes need to bed in - it's like running a new chain and gears without any oil! The carbon heads are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will settle in and quieten down. Don't comment unless you know the facts!

You are replying to a post made over 17 years ago.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:
You are a complete buffoon!Â* Of course brushes need to bed in - it's
like running a new chain and gears without any oil!Â* The carbon heads
are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes
noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will
settle in and quieten down.Â* Don't comment unless you know the facts!

Don't post through the homeownershub without reading this first or you
might be seen as a complete buffoon by most people reading your post,
especially when you reply to a 17 years old post:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:
You are a complete buffoon!Â* Of course brushes need to bed in - it's
like running a new chain and gears without any oil!Â* The carbon heads
are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes
noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will
settle in and quieten down.Â* Don't comment unless you know the facts!

Why are you replying to a 5 year old argument based on a question posted
17 years ago?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 22:13:57 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:
You are a complete buffoon!Â* Of course brushes need to bed in - it's
like running a new chain and gears without any oil!Â* The carbon heads
are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes
noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will
settle in and quieten down.Â* Don't comment unless you know the facts!

Why are you replying to a 5 year old argument based on a question posted
17 years ago?

Because WMD Repair Man is a Mega Buffoon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2021 08:49, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Yes if its making noise now then its probably good fortune it still works at
all.

I still don't understand why I can clearly see the date on those old posts
but it seems most cannot.
Brian

As has been explained before, if you enter the "hub" by their opening
page there is under the banner "latest" a sample of what hub users
assume to be recently asked questions but are in fact any question asked
in the past 15+ years.

Also, occupying quarter of the page is a rolling "featured" article
which at the time of writing is linked to a number of postings 14 to 17
years ago - but presented in a way that makes them look as it they have
just been posted.

On clicking the links the posting date is shown but possible the brain
ignores it because the assumption has already been made that the topic
is only minutes old. We on this group are now used to following the
"context" link and looking at the dates.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 22:10:43 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:

You are a complete buffoon!* Of course brushes need to bed in - it's
like running a new chain and gears without any oil!* The carbon heads
are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes
noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will
settle in and quieten down.* Don't comment unless you know the facts!

Don't post through the homeownershub without reading this first or you
might be seen as a complete buffoon by most people reading your post,
especially when you reply to a 17 years old post:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Don't bother with that. If only uk d-i-y readers would refrain from
answering any post that comes from HomeOwnersHub it would be a mercy
for the rest of us.
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 12/04/2021 22:04, WMD Repair Man wrote:
You are a complete buffoon!Â* Of course brushes need to bed in - it's
like running a new chain and gears without any oil!Â* The carbon heads
are smooth and flat running against an indented surface which causes
noise - once the heads have grooved to the rotating surface they will
settle in and quieten down.Â* Don't comment unless you know the facts!

Don't post through the homeownershub without reading this first or you
might be seen as a complete buffoon by most people reading your post,
especially when you reply to a 17 years old post:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Don't bother with that. If only uk d-i-y readers would refrain from
answering any post that comes from HomeOwnersHub it would be a mercy
for the rest of us.

For the sheer hell of it I posted the same on the website itself. It
seems they don't have any filters to weed out suspect posts.