John Kelly

Default bosch washing machine help

Help,

I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which makes
a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause
some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this?

I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of
breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the
drum and the quoted £38 just to appear at the door plus £32 per hour on
top of that (plus parts).

Thanks
--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail
R P McMurphy

"John Kelly" wrote in message
| Help,
|
| I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which makes
| a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause
| some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this?
|
| I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of
| breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the
| drum and the quoted £38 just to appear at the door plus £32 per hour on
| top of that (plus parts).
|
| Thanks
| --
| John Kelly
|
| Remove dimspam if replying by mail

take off the seal around the door and tilt the machine forward. hopefully
you should be able to see it and get it out.

rpm

Philip Wagstaff

There's a NG for domestic appliances, very helpful lot if this advice does
not do the trick.

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
R P McMurphy wrote:

"John Kelly" wrote in message
| Help,
|
| I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which

makes
| a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause
| some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this?
|
| I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of
| breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the
| drum and the quoted £38 just to appear at the door plus £32 per hour

on
| top of that (plus parts).
|
| Thanks
| --
| John Kelly
|
| Remove dimspam if replying by mail

take off the seal around the door and tilt the machine forward.

hopefully
you should be able to see it and get it out.

rpm

If it is 1p or 2p you should be able to pick it out with a 'magnet on a

stick
gadget'

If you cant get to it from the front.you could remove the back of the

machine
and then withdraw the heating element. this will give you access for a

strong
light and pliers etc to extract the offending item.
Apart from being noisy it will take a long time for a coin to do

significant
damage but it isstill better to get it out of you can.

Good Luck

Bob

Shrek

"John Kelly" wrote in message
Help,

I've got a coin stuck inside the drum of my washing machine which makes
a clanking noise at certain times. I'm convinced it's going to cause
some damage long term so need to get it out. Anyone ever done this?

I phoned a service engineer and he did the classic sharp intake of
breath and quoted lots of things to be done to get things out of the
drum and the quoted £38 just to appear at the door plus £32 per hour on
top of that (plus parts).

try removing the sump hose and see if you can reach it from there, the
chances are that it is in the pump anyway.

--
Ian Tilley
Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers