BigWallop

Default New Washing Machine Installation

"JimM" wrote in message
On the advice of this group we've bought a Miele washing machine which was
delivered today. Although we opted not to pay for installtion the delivery
guys took pity on my heavily pregnant wife and connected it up off their

own
initiative (she didn't know they had done it until they were ready for the
paperwork to be signed)

Unfortunately they neglected to remove the transport bars so when the
machine reached it's spin programme it made a hell of a racket & danced
across the floor. I've now removed them and the machine seems to be OK but
my problem is now

1. Is this likely to have done any damage to the machine
2. Do I let Miele / supplier know what has happened or do I keep quiet &
plead ignorance should anything go wrong
3. Is this going to affect the 10 year extended warranty they are

currently
giving away

Thanks for your advice

The only thing that the transport brackets do is to stop the suspension from
moving on the drum and it is very unlikely that it has caused any major
damage to the machine. You say you got to it before it had gone through
many spin cycles with brackets attached, so forget about it and carry on as
normal.